Hey alright! Another Noob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey alright! Another Noob!

Hello everyone! Newest noob checking in.

I read a lot of the sticky threads about expectaions and rules, and hopefully I got most of it. I'll do my best not to break the rules. I'm not new to car forums, but I am new to THIS forum, so that is all that is important now

A bit about me. First and foremost, I have a 2000 MGM LS. I picked up about a year ago. it is my daily beast, so it gets plenty of road time. I have a 60 mile round trip to work everyday. I also have a 2010 RAM, the wife confiscated it, along with my manhood and she keeps that next to the keys for the truck in her purse...

I shipped off to be a Devil Dog back in the late 90s, and that got me stationed in Japan and I wound up staying there until about two years ago, and I made the trip home (to Connecticut), with a wife and kids in tow. I've owned a couple of fun cars, nothing serious, but I have had the pleasure of seeing some pretty sweet imports (technically domestic)... I don't know if I still have pics, but I will post any if I can find them! My old laptop was "lost" in the move back to CONUS.

I got the MGM because I wanted either this car, or the CV... hopefully this will be a great experience, and I'll learn a lot about my car, and what I can do to/with it... if I don't crash and die this coming winter. Thanks for listening... I'm not much of a picture guy... but I know its pics or GTFO

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120813_192416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1299096
    The people liked the prospect of the end of the world because it would be a spectacle, something to relieve the fearful monotony of their lives....

Welcome to the Party!!! Looks great!
    We can help you with the winter handling.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Black always looks good on a whale.

They really ain't that bad to drive in winter. Make sure you have decent tread and toss 150-200 pounds in the trunk. Even with my 2.73 open rear, I always made it home.

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Welcome to GMN Is your wife Japanese?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks for the welcomes, and the winter advice... funny enough I just finished reading an article that says this winter should get pretty snowy in January... Say.. do they make a 4x4 conversion for these cars? ( joke ).

And to answer 79lincolnlover, yes, my wife is from Japan.. Okinawa to be specific.

So... Ihave some basic plans for the car. I think forst and foremost I want to stiffen up that suspension... I think the previous owner installed the "ocean liner" series suspension... That is one thing I am looking in the tech section for, if I can buy really good aftermarket performance suspension, or perhaps at the very least buy heavy duty like the CVPI or taxi.

After that, I'd like to work on performance like better intake exhaust flow. I'll need some cosmetics soon too...

Anyways, thanks again for the intro, and for whoever created this place, LOTS of info to be found here and that is AWESOME for people like me who don't know what the hell I'm doing
          Last edited by lost_cause; 08-15-2012, 06:52 PM. Reason: Typo!
          The people liked the prospect of the end of the world because it would be a spectacle, something to relieve the fearful monotony of their lives....

Comment

Heavy duty police spec springs and shocks are available, usually marked as such, from most parts stores. That and searching out police sway bars front and rear is a good place to start and makes a BIG difference.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

welcome to gmn mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
              X