Newbie With An MGM 2 Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie With An MGM 2 Door

Just picked it up over the weekend and started looking for a few parts and stumbled on to this site. Hello everybody and thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img0468zp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1299102

Welcome! I like the colour combo.

Post some pics of your progress when you have some time.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Will do. I kinda liked the maroon with orange pin stripe too. Thought it was odd from the factory though. Its been sitting for a while and needs a few things to be road worthy so thats whats on the top of the list. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Welcome!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks GT Vic. Your car is sweet. Its almost identical to how I want mine to look. Nice muscle looking sleeper. Ive always liked these cars but could never find one good enough to drive.

Comment

SWEET!!!!!!.......nice....i want one..(but i wont trade my 2dr crown vic....lol)

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!
              Where you from?

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I love the fender gills. Classy.

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Welcome! That 2dr looks sweet!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                  George Burns

Comment

Welcome! That 2dr looks sweet!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                    George Burns

Comment

Welcome to GMN. Nice find!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks guys. Ive always liked the vented bumpers and fenders too. Im originally from Illinois but the Air Force has brought me to Washington DC for the time being

Comment

Just rebuilt and reinstalled the carb on the old girl. Had some bigger jets laying around from years ago so I decided to throw em in. Next thing is the brake overhaul. After that HEI distributor and tune-up

Comment

Never upsize the jets unless it actually needs it. The stock motor is fairly pathetic, so more fuel doesn't usually help you any. Is that even a 302 in that? Some of the real early ones had a 4.2L V8 at 255 cid. That was a real stinker, some 115 hp or so. The 302 made all of 130.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, its the 302. The jets werent really all that much bigger than stock. I know its not really needed but sometimes I just say WTF, lol. Thanks for the comment though. Im a GM guy so when it comes time for the HEI swap Ill definitely have some questions

Comment

Working...
                              X