Hello from TN to everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from TN to everyone.

Hi everyone, my name is Matt. I think I made this account when gadget73 linked something here on thelincolnmarkviiclub.org. I dunno, I can't remember exactly. It's been a couple days lol. Anyhow, I'm a fox fanatic, but I know panthers are great cars too. I had a 1988 Town Car for my first car, and I kept it for 4 years. My dad had a 1992 Crown Vic, and that was a good car. Well, enough about me. I'll get to showing you the '93 Grand Marquis I picked up last week.

I got this car from a local estate sale for $2200. It has 106,xxx miles on it, and you can tell it was well taken care of, garage kept, and maintained. The clearcoat is still good, just has some scratches. The only problems I found is the passenger window needs a regulator, and a door lock actuator. It also has the leaking valve seals, but it's not bad. And the interior needs a good cleaning. They also left a bunch of extra stuff in it like jumper cables, a socket set, floor jack, 1/2" breaker bar, etc. There was even a $10 gift card for Cracker Barrel.

Here's some pics.

Matt

Deep Jewel Green/Mocha 1993 Grand Marquis LS

Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Welded mufflers, 17x8 bullits, KYB shocks, Air Lift springs, Draw Tite Class II trailer hitch, and new valve seals @ 116,000 mi.

Welcome! My Dad had a '93 until some asshole "t-boned" it! Enjoy!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

check to make sure that the window issue isn't just the motor bushings that disintegrated. Many of us have replaced those bushings with 7/16 ball bearings (and well packed with grease if you do go that route) to keep the windows working. The lock actuator will require a 1/4" pop rivet and appropriate tool or a shorty 1/4" bolt and nut (bolt and nut are a royal PITA to put on in that area. I gave up and just used the rivets).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!
        ANOTHER AERO MGM JOINS THE MELEE!!!!! WA-HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
        Yeah, the bushings like to crap out. As I was fixing one window, the other one went. It sucked. Oh well.
        Any more questions, ask away!!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

You seem familiar
          sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Welcome to the party! That's a very nice aero GM!!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I love the front ends on the early aeros...so much better looking than the redesign. Very clean.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

welcome to gmn that's a nice clean grandmarquis

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome man.. good looking G Marq

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone! Hey hypostang, I just sold my Cougar a few days ago. Eventually I'll get another one that hasn't been rode hard and put away wet lol. I got into the door yesterday to have a look around, and the regulator cable is all mangled up so it looks like I'll be putting one of those in.
                    Matt

Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Welded mufflers, 17x8 bullits, KYB shocks, Air Lift springs, Draw Tite Class II trailer hitch, and new valve seals @ 116,000 mi.

Comment

ah. those regulators do suck. plastic core that the cable ends mount to instead of metal. guess what breaks... the plastic. next time one of mine does that... I'm going to get my cousin to weld it back on to the metal part of the window bracket.

and when you put the new one in... run the window back up and just snug the stuff up before you tighten everything back down (I used 1/4-20 bolts and nuts and lock washers instead of the huge rivits... much easier that way). once you see things are moving up and down smoothly... then tighten it down.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well, I got the window regulator and the actuator replaced, and they're working like new again. I ended up using long 3/16" rivets with washers to hold everything except the window. The window took 1/4-20 x 1" allen cap screws and lock washers and lock nuts on those two because the long rivets still weren't long enough to make it through the window. The lock actuator is also held with a 3/16 rivet and washers.

Edit: I also got the car registered the other day. I learned that if you buy a car at an estate sale, you have to have a testamentary document showing that the seller is, in fact, the appointed executor of the estate or the DMV won't issue a registration or title to the buyer of the vehicle. Just having a signed title isn't enough. The seller didn't give me one, but luckily the seller was willing to come up to the DMV and give them a copy. But if she hadn't it would have been a huge hassle to get this car titled.
                        Last edited by 5.0 bird; 09-09-2012, 11:45 PM.
                        Matt

Comment

I have a white one just like yours. I will be posting pictures soon. Yours has been very well taken care of. I like it.

Comment

I'm a little late here, but...

WELCOME to GMN!
                            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                            Open/Lock/Ratio #
                            -----------------------
                            G / H / 2.26
                            B / C / 2.47
                            8 / M / 2.73
                            7 / - / 3.07
                            Y / Z / 3.08
                            4 / D / 3.42
                            F / R / 3.45
                            5 / E / 3.27