Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New to the Forum ready to fix up my 1985 towncar anyone in san diego?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand New to the Forum ready to fix up my 1985 towncar anyone in san diego?

Wats going on Guys im brand new to this forum but i have learned alot by reading panther cars, i have my pen and pad ready so all advisors plz help me out.

I own a 1985 lincoln towncar with 100k original miles on it, passed to me buy a family member. Im in san diego (if you know about the 80s TC, LTD, Vics please talk to me and ur in Cali please lets talk) but the cars registered in another state so emission rules dont apply to me.

Head to box Tech... See u later
    This maybe how i make my 85 TC look>>....[SIGPIC/SIGPIC]

Welcome to the forum.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome to the other side
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah i see, its way more TOPICS here

Comment

yeah... we git stuff fixed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So when you get the car registered in CA, won't it have to pass the e-test??
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
              So when you get the car registered in CA, won't it have to pass the e-test??

I want have to register the car here, im in the military

Comment

then you'll need all STOCK stuff or CARB approved mods for your car (approved for mustangs won't work even though it's the same freaking engine). Cali regs are freaking nuts. If it's missing anything, you'll have to get it replaced or fixed (cats, smog pump, all included lines/hoses/etc).

Thank God I live in Texas. Not as easy as some areas... but nowhere that evil. As long as it passes sniff, you're good to go in most places.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

He's military, and does not need to register the car in California while he's stationed there. I think he said somewhere else that its tagged in North Carolina or somesuch like that.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks gaget.....how do i add a pic in my signature i tried to use my phone but i guess it doesnt work

Comment

Easiest way I've found is upload the pic to photo bucket then put it in img tags [IMG]link to pic goes here[/IMG]
                      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                      X