Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Ohio

Hi Folks,

I am a long time member of crownvic.net, and thought it is time I join this site. I have owned 7 box body Panthers, most of them MGM. My latest is a clapped-out '88 Colony Park. 212k miles, tow package, including the K code axle [3.55 Traction- Lok]. The car just wont quit!

One of my goals is producing a fibreglass hood for the Boxes. I have been experimenting with fibreglass this summer, making some wheel wells for my other DD, a '95 Caprice wagon.

I LOVE big cars, no matter what make!

I am looking forward to interacting with you folks.

Al Von

Welcome!

I'd love to see someone experiment with fiberglass bits for these cars. It only makes sense considering the size and weight of most of the body panels.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

i know a guy who knows a guy, who can make a fiberglass hood, but it wont be cheap
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

welcome to the club...lots of good people here...im just northeast of you in barberton

Comment

I'm straight east of you, just outside of Massillon. We had a meetup in Akron last month! Maybe we'll see ya at the next one!
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Howdy! I'm between Cleveland and Akron

Pete
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Welcome to GMN!

I'm interested in seeing production fiberglass hoods. Are we talking straight glass repros, or cowl hoods or scoops? Either way it's a plus, boxes need more body panels available.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

welcome to gmn I work out of springfield and urbana sometimes driving new internationals out of the springfield plant

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thanks for the welcoming replies. I hope I can meet up with some of you, maybe next meet.

My goal is to produce a flat hood first, then possibly make one with a 2" raised cowl. I am supposed to be moving this fall to Ashland County, right near Mansfield. Once I get that done, I can get started in the spring.

Comment

Welcome to the party
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hi Al

Comment

Welcome. Size does matter

Comment

welcome from bucyrus ohio
                          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Welcome. I started to work on a glass hood other mods got in my way. Have a spare hood in perfect condition unless the guys place it is stored in ended up dammaged. My Stang scored some dents while there. In my case it will have to be a cowel hood of some sort. Good luck
                            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Welcome! The fiberglass hood is a great idea. I only have one question, what would you do about the hood hinges? I mean those hinges use the weight and leverage of the hood to close. I'd be worried about cracking the fiberglass while attempting to close the hood.

Comment

Working...
                              X