97 MGM and Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 MGM and Hello

Hi all.... I've been playing a bit with this car and have been loving it. Have had some questions and have been able to resolve some things on my own through research on other sites but this one was recommended to me so I thought I'd try it.
    The MGM has the 4.6 with about 150,000 miles on her but compression is solid, doesn't smoke, frame and body are good and I bought it for a song so I figured why not spend a little money on it.
    So far I have put the true duals on it with Cherry Bombs (though only stock 2.0" is that is all I can afford at the moment, replaced the MAF with new OEM, put an 80mm TB on it (and yes I know this is debatable as to improvements without being blown, etc. But I did notice a bump at mid-range after the swap) Gave it a strategy tune with an SCT FlashTuner, new brakes and rotors all around, Xenon bulbs, Marauder rear Sway bar, fuel filter, and Plugs and Wires.
    To any other noobs or anyone in general for that matter- I had a stumble at low rpms and high gear, and see that it's not altogether uncommon and with ALL sorts of reasons why this could happen, but in my case it was JUST the plugs.
    I replaced the crap NGK with properly gapped (.054th) MotorCraft Platinum (#SP-432) and the problem was gone.
    Don't use NGK and never use Bosch replacement plugs in your Ford.
    Waiting in the wings is the addition of 3:27 gears with a trak-loc posi addition and a full CAI upgrade.
    Also looking for a 1" front sway bar if anyone has any leads on one of those reasonably priced.
    I'm also seriously considering Lincoln 32 valve heads but have some questions and will post about that in the proper forum.
    In addition I'm throwing code P0232 which is Secondary Circuit High Fuel Pump and have replaced the relay so far with no luck.
    Need to replace 2 down and 1 upstream O2 sensors as well...
    Also have a slight exhaust gasket leak.
    Anyway- thanks for having me and I hope this place is some place cool to hang out.
    Bill
    1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like you'll be right at home here and bringing a lot of knowledge of your own. Pictures?

Comment

welcome!

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome gents...Here is a pic though not taken under ideal conditions.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1270480
          1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

Comment

welcome to gmn

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome! So you're in Nova Scotia?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I am indeed in Nova Scotia.
                I see you're in Fredericton. And have some Lincolns. lol.
                Did you see my query about MarkVIII heads on a MGM?

Comment

Working...
                X