Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to both the site and Grand Marquis'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to both the site and Grand Marquis'.

Hi! I just purchased a 98 GM GS for my son for his first car. He was against it at first but once he drove it around he loved it. I've found that when I drive it I become less hurried and more relaxed, which is surprising and very welcome!

I've been a car guy for quite some time and I'm glad I was able to come up with something for my son that we can personalize and modify and that he's excited for.

It is currently bone stock and his first "mod" he'd like to do is the stereo system. Typical teen. Anyway, we'll be gutting the system and doing a complete upgrade to every aspect and likely fabricating up some sort of a box to sit in the well in the trunk with a carpeted cover to make it hidden. Also planning to do the typical intake/exhaust upgrades as well as lowering it a bit with shackles and upgrading the sway bars. Nothing crazy at first but as soon as he's done with it and moves on to his next car I'm gonna be all over it trying to make it a sleeper. We'll see how that goes... For now, it's the car my son is going to really learn to drive and own.

Welcome. They are generally a pleasure to drive. Reasonably safe with abs and air bags.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Welcome to the Party!
      Larger throttle body, intake plenum, and PI intake manifold up top, and duals out the back.
      A set of sway bars off a 98-02 CVPI, and your golden.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Howdy!

Great project car. He'll be one of the youngest guys that knows about 'old style' cars when he gets older

Note on the stereo - it looks like dbl-din but from what I understand the defrost vent? in the dash blocks the upper back, just fyi. I've read you can change the duct to a later model but it's hard? Maybe someone else'll chip in if it's an issue.

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Shackles have nothing to do with lowering these cars. It can be taken care of with a simple spring swap for a inch or so drop. If you want to go further than that, you'll be looking at hacking off parts of the spring to get the look you want.

Pi/hpp sways are a good start, but for the price, upgrading to Addco swaybars and poly bushings will be the best bang for your buck/ sotp handling mod you can do. An upgraded wheel package (even with factory mustang wheels) will highlight this upgrade even more.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. Can't wait to get started. He gets his license in 2 weeks and I think I'm more excited than he is.

Comment

Welcome! Above all else, teach him to respect his ride.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
              X