Newbie from the north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from the north

Just found the site. I bought my first 91 grand marquis spring of 2013. Engine started knockin in 1 month. Found another car same color just a little older 89. Bought it and it ran like a top. About a month after the purchase of that car a suv pulled out in front of me and I rammed it and got its passenger door and front wheel pushed in. Grand marq needs body work and grill Now Im in the process of swapping engines. If I didn' like the cars so much I would have just said F it and sold em for scrap.

Welcome to the Party!!
    We'll get your car back up and running.
    It's earning it's stripes.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome!
      You've come to the right place, plenty of helpful people here that can help with questions you have while putting these cars back together. Some may even be able to help you track down any "hard to find" parts if needed.
      Where is the North? In the States?
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
        George Burns

Comment

who was driving the suv? was it nanook?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Lol!

Howdy 306. Hope it goes well for you.

Pete
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Welcome! You'll find lots of support here.

Comment

Welcome to the party!
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome to the site! Bummer about the crash..........drivers get worse everyday it seems..........
                  Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

thanks for the the warm welcome. just about to remove the knockin engine and trans from the (good) one. Lots of rust and brackets getting destroyed in the process. Damage will be assessed once the boat anchore is hangin from a hook.

Comment

hello, i am tim, nice to meet you.welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome! Great to see another member from Canada. Good call on using the good engine/trans from the crash car in the good shell. They can't always be saved, but their guts can live on!
                        RyPow
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

No anti-rejection drugs needed. Heart transplants on "boxes" just take brut strength and awkwardness!

Comment

Working...
                          X