Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy with an 85 Country Squire

Hi guys

Been around on the site for a while now. I have had my dads old 85 Country Squire for a bit over a year now. And i like it.

Replaced the seats and carpet with a junk yard find

and added a few more options

Just having some fun with it

Welcome!

The car looks awesome, reminds me of my moms 87 CS. Hers was brown with the wood panels and brown interior, but it was in comparable shape before it was wrecked. Her's also had a tripminder and premium sound. I always loved borrowing her car just for the premium sound but this was around the time that we had my 88 CS so unless my dad took the 88 I didn't get to borrow mom's very often.

The 88 CS was my favorite car so far; someday I'll find another one. Hopefully when I can afford one there will still be some wagons left that people are looking to sell.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Wow! That car looks awesome! Those are some clean seats you found.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Thanks guys. I took a chance on those seats as the car that i took those from was up in Edmonton PYP - a three hours drive from where i live. Saw the car on their website and took a chance that the seats and rugs were in better shape than mine. The rugs cleaned up nicely. It was well worth the 6 hours round trip driving time. Even got the factory mats.

Comment

Welcome. Nice ride!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks good.

Auto lamp and auto-dim out of a Towncar? Don't believe I've ever seen auto dim on a non-Lincoln before. Does it actually behave? Most of the time I've found it to be touchy and flaky to the point where I shut it off.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks great!
              Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Looks good.

Auto lamp and auto-dim out of a Towncar? Don't believe I've ever seen auto dim on a non-Lincoln before. Does it actually behave? Most of the time I've found it to be touchy and flaky to the point where I shut it off.
                My 89 LTC actually had good working Auto-Dim. Out of all the OEM options members have added in, this is the first Auto dim install I've seen.

@OP. Nice wagon, very clean. Welcome.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

That is a real nice Country Squire. Hard to find in that good of condition. Perfect color combo.

Comment

The auto lamp was in the car all ready. I just added the auto dim and the dimming mirror so it had something to mount too. It works, but so far i really haven't used it.

Thanks Guys
                    Steve

Comment

What does it dim, High Beams?
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yes. Auto dim deactivates the high beams.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                          George Burns

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                            What does it dim, High Beams?
                            Yes, when the sensor detects light from an oncoming car it switches the high beams off. After the car(s) pass you, the high beams turn back on. There is a distance setting on the head light switch.
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

That is one CLEAN interior!! Beautiful car man!
                              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Working...
                              X