X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    I like the sticker.
    It's rather appropriate I think

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
    06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
    97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Today I drove it 30 minutes away to a Craigslist contact's house where he has his own private junkyard of about 20 cars...

where he had this 85 with parts that I wanted...

I ended up with,
      - All 4 door switch trim pieces
      - Fake wood lower dash trim
      - Drivers seatbelt assembly
      - Ash tray assembly
      - Intake pipe (from radiator area to air cleaner)

The rear bumper was rusted the same way mine is, and the drivers thermometer mirror was broken or I would have snagged them too.
      Last edited by LSE_Dave; 02-26-2017, 10:30 PM.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Cleaned and installed a few easy trim pieces.

Comment

Looks worlds better. I like that burled walnut look. That and the trim from '88 are my favorites but I think that takes the cake. Funny too is the headlight switch. You can tell you're missing an option as there is just waaay too much surface area left over lol.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thats the good headlight switch. No stupid problems with the high beams and the switch is cheap. Same one I have. When I thought it was going bad many moons ago, it was $20 for a Motorcraft where the digital dash auto dim switch was $240. It was not actually bad, though I can't remember what the problem was.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like my simple headlights, they are either on or off

Intake part, drivers seatbelt assembly, trunk weather seal (from a 99ish Vic), spare tire cover and hardware, and exhaust hanger installed/repaired.

Comment

Still something wrong with the exhaust though, looks like it's only on one side

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  LoL indeed.

I've never had a problems with my autoheadlight switch, neither has Ashley. Knock on wood I suppose but I'm a guy who likes his optioned cars. People think auto headlights and such are a thing modern cars have, so many people tell me I left my headlights on. I've started saying "Ok, thanks." rather than explaining it to them. Highbeam dimmer works OK, was real nice driving to and from Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    I'll get to it later or later.

Comment

Haha yeah both my '90s have/had auto headlights, which I was amused by. All these newer cars people think it's super-fancy, and it was an option on our old dinosaur cars. I won't use it until I sort out my 3g alternator setup but still a neat feature.

I'm with Dave when it comes to simple, working things for the most part. That said, my new '90 is a more highly-optioned car than the first one, K-axle, factory duals, dual power seats, power antenna! I don't mess with it but at least I don't have to keep bending my antenna back to make it level, god that drove me crazy. I dunno, guess I just have a weird fascination for goofy old cars.

Comment

That's what I've got; a weird fascination for old cars. I still used my auto lights before I put my 3G on. Just use the minimum setting or close to it. I started using it as I didn't want to wear out the switch from pulling it out and pushing it back in all the time. Everything on that car feels so new, there's no slop in anything so I didn't want to start creating it. I never use the antenna either, well sometimes just to lube it and keep it working.

You new '90 is a rare bird, super rare to see dual power seats and the tow package.

Comment

Oil change, 5w30 Motorcraft and FL400 filter. The oil was dark so I put in a quart of Motor Flush last week, and drove the car about 80 miles to let that stuff work.

Had a little extra time so I installed the 4 tone horns that I picked up from the junkyard on Tuesday.

Comment

"Fixed" an exhaust leak, replaced the rear axle vent tube, removed the aftermarket 3rd brake light, and performed an alignment on the 85.

Only adjusted the toe, I'll redo it when I rebuild the front end.

Comment

Ever adjusted caster and camber with the old suspension? Its something of a bastard. Honestly thats a sell point for a brake upgrade right there. Adjustment cams vs sliding arm pivot points that affect each other.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Found a little plate frame lying around...

LED bulbs for the side coach lamps. I tried stuffing some 5050 SMD strips in there but they looked terrible.

Most of the other lights look fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X