New 2008 CVPI Owner from Baton Rouge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2008 CVPI Owner from Baton Rouge

Purchased my first Crown Vic Police Interceptor a few weeks ago. I bought it to replace my wreck damaged (totaled) 1977 Mercedes 300D. The CVPI had 79K miles on it and seems very solid. It has quite a few cosmetic issues that I will correct as time allows. I've already put almost a thousand miles on the car and am really starting to fall in love!!

I've been reading everything I can find on these cars and have checked out quite a few forums. But I think this forum is going to become my home. Sure seems to be a great forum with tons of very helpful folks.

Thanks for having me.
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My Daily Driver - 2008 CVPI
    Wife's Daily Driver - 2004 LS430

Welcome. We have another 300D / CVPI owner here as well, but his are both 80s models.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome!

I don't have experience with the newer stuff myself, but we do have some members with good knowledge of the specifics of the newer stuff like your '08.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Panthers are addicting. Good solid cars with quality unmatched for the price, in my opinion of course! Welcome!
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Thanks everyone! Tiggie, the longevity of these cars is exactly what attracted me to them. After buying the car though, I quickly discovered that the comfort is excellent as well.

I am still broken hearted about my destroyed 77 300D, but the CVPI is helping me get over it!!

If things work out with the insurance company I plan to retain the 300D and perhaps use it as parts for rebuilding another one. I will try to find a clean, straight and rust free body. I can then move my drive-train and interior over to the new body. Hopefully I will find something cheap with a blown motor, transmission and/or trashed interior (all three would be nice!).
          Baton Rouge, LA
          My Daily Driver - 2008 CVPI
          Wife's Daily Driver - 2004 LS430

Comment

Enjoy your new boat, you'll get attached quickly. I had a '98 for a long time and it became the gateway drug to moving backward and buying 2 '90s. These cars are tough, fun, and endlessly customizable. A p71 is a good place to start because they're already build to handle more abuse. I drove the piss out of my '98 p71 for 6 years and rarely ever had anything that'd be considered a big problem with it. Hope all goes well with your 300d, they are also great cars. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!
              If you need anything, check under the Aero/Whale tech section.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

can't beat the looks, comfort, and durability of a panther.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

They got the issues sorted by 08. Might want to change out the trans fluid/filter and gear oil, those 2 items are usually what fails on ex-cop cars. With the low miles on yours it might last a long time.
                  96 MGM
                  sigpic
                  Cruisin up and down the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BoulevardRide View Post
                    They got the issues sorted by 08. Might want to change out the trans fluid/filter and gear oil, those 2 items are usually what fails on ex-cop cars. With the low miles on yours it might last a long time.
                    Good suggestions.

I found that with my 150K mile P71, the tranny fluid was bright red when I got it, to the point that it almost looked brand new.

I almost fell over when I dropped the pan to find the bobber in there. I think the transmission had been flushed, but they never changed the filter. Kind of half assed to me, but at least the Massachusetts maintenance plan was somewhat mindful of the transmission. My car is also a trac lok, and the clutches are still very tight in it, so I suspect that the rear had been serviced regularly.

You will really enjoy the car. They are very simple to work on, and with regular maintenance they just keep going. I've owned a whole mess of cars, and I have yet to have one that I appreciate as much as my beater '08. The service and reliability, especially given the mileage on the car, and how small my initial investment was, have been outstanding.

My only worry is whether I will be able to find another one to replace this one when it dies.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                    X