Selling 1987 Grand Marquis as junk- need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
    3 months ago, I got $275 for my old fully stripped '87 MGM, and I do mean fully stripped of damn near everything including the front clip and engine/trans. That was with the scrap guy coming to pick it up with the roll-back and hauling it off for me. I could have gotten more if I had hauled it there myself.

You should be able to get at least $500 for a full car.
    Depends on the part of the country you're in. The scrap guy here in town was going to pay $100 for a 100% complete '79. If I hauled it 75-80 miles I could have gotten $175 for it.

Comment

Scrap prices change almost daily. These changes can be drastic in a bad way. If someone comes and offers $500, take it.

Comment

Many Thanks for all of the input from everyone. This has actually been very helpful- the information being posted by everyone is helping me sort this all out now that I'm aware of these different possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblackmariah View Post
          i need a deck lid, LS diff, brake light/distribution brake fitting, turbines and centers, grill/headlight trim inserts, front signals and steering column. i'm in peoria
          Hey, so sorry to keep you hanging, I intended to reply to you when you mentioned this and have been tied up with work. Just wanted to let you know I would certainly consider helping you out with the things you need if I can figure out if its feasible for me to do so. I'd actually prefer to see the car or its parts go to helping someone more so than I am concerned with making a dollar from it, and the fact that you are in Peoria doesn't put you that far out from me that we could consider it. There's a few things I'd need to think on, like figure out how to get the parts up there to you.

Comment

Does it perhaps have a Tripminder? I think I have already asked (PM) but never heard back. Let me know.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Isn't that primarily if you're able to strip it fully and deliver it for scrap on a flatbed? Highest yard-tows-it-away offer I've heard of was $100; $35-$50 seemed to be more typical a few years ago.
              Depends are the yard. I DROVE a car into a local yard and they gave me full price for it.

$475 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                Does it perhaps have a Tripminder? I think I have already asked (PM) but never heard back. Let me know.....
                Hi miamibob! Yes, it does have a tripminder.

Comment

Interested in selling or donating it??? PM me if needed as I am very interested....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Interested in selling or donating it??? PM me if needed as I am very interested....Bobby
                    What, no love for Fords, only Mercurys?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I love 'em all!!

Comment

Then you need my car too! (hint, hint) Two parts cars are better than one, right? LOL
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Actually except for a bad heater core (bypassed here in Florida) and wanting to install a Tripminder the car is "mint". Why are you selling yours?? Bobby

Comment

Hi Bobby! I'll PM you. See if we can't help you out! Thanks.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you. Let's make it happen....thanks....Bobby

Comment

Working...
                              X