No announcement yet.

my findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was one identical to the one in the pics in my neighborhood for a while at a local used car dealer. This one looked the same, but had a trailer brake box on the dash, a leather-covered dash pad, black painted chrome rear window surround, and a pretty good sized dent in the trunk. The chrome decals were the exact same. Who knows, it might be the same car? The Volo museum is nearby here.
    Last edited by torquelover; 10-16-2008, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I'll be very interested to see those pics too, as well as those with the white walls. You bought the '98 wheels around 2000, right?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Wow, that car looks sweet.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Damn that is a beat nasty looking car.

WTF happened to the horn button, the column was orginally blue, the orangepeel is horrid, and damn, change the friggin headlight bulb!

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

"The F-700's and F-800's were available with a 5-spd overdrive and a 5-spd direct drive in 1957,"

Someone that knows!! Have driven both. Did not view the interior, but these usually came with a 2 speed axle.

"However, as far as I know the F-series wasn't available with the 312ci..."

I am thinking the same thing. If it is a 'Y' block, then it is probably the 317ci., which was the truck/Lincoln engine.
            I know of several restored mid 50s F700/F800 fire trucks that have the original 317.

"when was the last time you saw a Mercury 383?"

Couple of weeks ago.

"Mercury 383 was part of the MEL V8 big block family of engines (Mercury/Edsel/Lincoln 383/410/430/462)"

Correct............

It's not how much hp u have...
            It's how much hp u can put to the track...

Let's seperate the men from the boys and put that power to the track using street tires and stock suspension components

'Tis infinately better to sit quietly and be thought a fool,
            than to speak and remove all doubt.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

At least this one is the real McCoy. Seen I dunno how many threads started showing the "real deal MIB car".
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Man they dechromed the entire side of the thing.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by SLYDAWG View Post
                  "The F-700's and F-800's were available with a 5-spd overdrive and a 5-spd direct drive in 1957,"

Someone that knows!! Have driven both. Did not view the interior, but these usually came with a 2 speed axle.
                  There was an early 60's Ford F-600 for sale nearby to me. It had a 4spd transmission with a 2spd axle. It was a bare frame behind the cab, and they only wanted $300 for it... it was a running truck too. I wish I could've bought it, but my dad would've killed me if I brought that old bastard home.

"However, as far as I know the F-series wasn't available with the 312ci..."

I am thinking the same thing. If it is a 'Y' block, then it is probably the 317ci., which was the truck/Lincoln engine.
                  That's what I was wondering, but I'm not sure if the 317 came in F-series as late as 1957.

Comment

Ford trucks never had the option of a 312 CI, the 317 was only available in the 48-52 F-8 trucks.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                      Man they dechromed the entire side of the thing.
                      Y'all gotta problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Y'all gotta problem with that?
                        No, not me. I am patiently awaiting a Buick GNX-inspired black Box...

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                          No, not me. I am patiently awaiting a Buick GNX-inspired black Box...
                          There's an interesting thought. Guess you'd basically black out everything except the very top of the grille, and add Bu-ack gills?

Comment

I actually posted this Car on here awhile back when it was being sold on Autotrader for $50K, by the Volo Auto Museum. I had a feeling it was the real deal, although they didn't have the detailed pics of the Interior and Trunk at the time.

Comment

He added some new pics:

'79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                                I actually posted this Car on here awhile back when it was being sold on Autotrader for $50K, by the Volo Auto Museum.
                                50K?? That's insanity!!
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X