Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the Grand Marquis PI package DOES exist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he suggest a price he'd like better?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

you get me that speedo anyway you can lol.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Did he suggest a price he'd like better?
        nope, but I'm going to go out on a limb saying it would be more than I currently have in my paypal account lol.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

That's what the instant transfer from your bank account is for!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
            Something is worth whatever someone will pay for it. If you were a police car guru, you might think $1500 was a steal.

As far as I can tell, on this site of Panther enthusiasts, only one member (Neums), had ever seen evidence of a car like this prior to this thread.

So... I'd say its a rare piece. And I don't think $1500 is out of line. There'd be alot of work to be done, but $1500 isn't that much money.
            +1. People will pay extra for the VIN number, and the authenticity of the car. To a collector, that 100% stock 140hp 351 is a gem. Why? Because it's what the car had in service, and it is authentic. Sure, compared to other panthers we see, it's a bit clapped out, but provided the frame and undercarrige are in good shape, it's far from unrestorable. Another sedan with a good body would make an excellent donor for the quarter panels. It needs a full paint job so who cares about some welding and bondo work right? All in all, for about $5-6k, you could have a nice, driveable example of a rare, undercover Missouri police car, and that's far less than most spend on restored interceptors.

Edit: As a collector, the seller probably placed the $1500 reserve to avoid it going to someone who would demo derby it.
            Last edited by 88MercWagon; 07-14-2010, 03:37 PM.
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I have to put my $0.02 in that I love that speedo also. I'm going to be dreaming about it every night and whether or not it fits in an 88. Save those pictures for Mercury Grand Marquis history. Er, Marquis. I totally wish there were Grand Marquis police sedans for 88-89. I kept thinking there was something sold to Canada as police but I guess I dreamed that up and if so they would have km/h.

Comment

Originally posted by grandmarquisdriversince98 View Post
                I have to put my $0.02 in that I love that speedo also. I'm going to be dreaming about it every night and whether or not it fits in an 88. Save those pictures for Mercury Grand Marquis history. Er, Marquis. I totally wish there were Grand Marquis police sedans for 88-89. I kept thinking there was something sold to Canada as police but I guess I dreamed that up and if so they would have km/h.

yes it would fit a 1988 grand marquis. basically the same thing. Just looks like the plating with the numbers and all are more modern looking. Still should work.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I don't suppose a Fox LTD speedo faceplate would interchange? I saw one on evilBay recently ... though I can't imagine what the seller thought someone would do with the faceplate but no workings .....

Comment

Hmmm... this is what teh Box History has needed to be complete!

I'd pay $500 in a heartbeat and rebody the SOB. $1000 maybe and $1500 if I really collected police cars and had a minty early Marquis waiting for a PI conversion.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

to do a resto, all you need is a minty 79-89 4 door merc body and frame. then go from there. i basically did this with GMGT

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Probably of no use since nobody has them, but the part number for the 1981 Mercury 140mph certified calibration speedometer/instrument cluster is E2AZ17255J

Comment

dam nice rare car speedo looks great

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

just noticed something, excuse if I'm wrong, but doesn't that have a CV bumper on it?
                            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                              just noticed something, excuse if I'm wrong, but doesn't that have a CV bumper on it?
                              Affirmative, Captain.

neums' (neums's?) image also showed it with a 1980 bumper when the vehicle is said to be an '81.

But, from what torquelover and I are able to gather, my '87 P72 may have come new with a Mercury bumper. Ho, hum.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I guess another persons trash can be someone else's treasure ..
                                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                                X