Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - $1900 (Flushing) Thought???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen some later zx2's that were ... umm... well modified and would pwn stock 911's... and still cost less than the 911's. It was NOT the original ford engine in them though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i beg to differ!! try racing someone who KNOWS how to drive a 911 lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        i beg to differ!! try racing someone who KNOWS how to drive a 911 lol
        picture a racing v4 twin turbo against the non-turbo 911... now a 911 turbo or gt2/3 would have beat the zx2 no problem... but the porche driver was a pompous ass and always bragging how great he was.

now if he knew how to drive the 911 for real, it would have been closer for sure... but the zx2 was seriously built just to piss this guy off... and it did.

even worse was a superbeetle that my uncles and some of their friends built back in the 70s with an offenhauser v4 that came in 3rd in the first and last Austin road race. it was in behind a lambo, ferarri, and just beat another lambo cause the guy missed a gear out of the last turn (the 911s were nowhere to be seen at the finish line).

If you get the power/weight set up right... you can do amazing things.

granted... that ZX2 was no longer a ford... but it looked it just sitting there. (sans the gutted interior if you looked past the tint good enough).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X