Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - $1900 (Flushing) Thought???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good.. Stick your finger in the tailpipe and check for oily residue.. The aero 4.6's like to burn oil at an old age

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
      Looks good.. Stick your finger in the tailpipe and check for oily residue.. The aero 4.6's like to burn oil at an old age
      only the early models with valve stem issues, iirc that issue was taken care of by '96.

where ya at ryan?
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Sounds about right.. to bad its not not in black or electric red I'd jump all over it Haha

Comment

My dad agrees with you guys on the Contour. He said they are pieces of crap. I guess I am back on the HPP.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

its almost sunday, so just settle down lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Contours are POS's. Stay far away from them.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

mercury mistake

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The Mystique

How fitting of a name.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

mercury mistake...lmao

w3rd
                    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                    1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Hmm enter a new contender... http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/2209614318.html
                      ~David~

Comment

Withdrawing money from the bank tomorrow........Hopefully I find some new wheels this weekend.

Called the explorer guy up...he says truck is clean...radio is busted (aftermarket) and only thing not power is the seats...I could care less tbh. 120k on her and 4x4 works. I know explorers are plentiful in the yards and I wouldn't mind visiting them again if this truck needed anything...like a stock radio...which I would prefer.. He was already offered a check from someone but I guess he only wants cash because he didnt accept it...he is available only after 2pm tomorrow...Hope I get to him before someone else does.
                        ~David~

Comment

I don't know how many people read the paper anymore but in todays Newsday auto-section, there is a 99 GM GS, 118k miles, 1 owner, excellent condidtion (so the ad says, you never really know) and the phone number is a 646 #, so I guess it's not to far away. If you're interested the number listed is 646-752-0328, if the Explorer dosen't work out that is

sigpic

Comment

My budget is 2k. That will be more than what I can spend.

edit...well I'll be damned...it is under 2k!

Thanks for the heads up!
                            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-11-2011, 09:12 PM.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              My budget is 2k. That will be more than what I can spend.

edit...well I'll be damned...it is under 2k!

Thanks for the heads up!
                              Haha no problem. Sorry I forgot to mention how cheap it is

sigpic

Comment

Find some small 4 cyl 5 speed car. Sticks dont shit transmissions out, and it will be good on fuel. Explorers are thirsty, even with a v6. You'll never break 20 mpg with it. 'course the 4x4 factor is useful I suppose.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X