cool looking town coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool looking town coupe

I always wanted to make a town coupe look like a 88 or 89.

That is pretty cool. Am I alone in hating steering wheel covers though? I just hate them.

Comment

I hate steering wheel covers too. I love that Town Coupe though, nice f'in find! I've always wanted a later looking town coupe too, I've never seen it done before but there it is, in it's '88-esk glory. Love the velour interior too. I'd trade that for mine in an instant.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

+ on hating the steering wheel cover. That has the 89 grill and light bezels, I wonder if the guy knew to swap over to the aluminum hood too. The car has no sunroof which is a big bummer to me tho.

Comment

no sunroof is a big plus for me... no leaking.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Beautiful car.
            1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Super cool. +1 on no sunroof=no problem. Is it a huge job to swap the front and rear like that? Or is it just plug and play?

Comment

pretty much plug and play. LOTS of bolts and nuts though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I have 7 lincoln's with sunroofs right now and all of them don't leak. They are designed like a brick shit house. I don't know what y'all are talking about?

Comment

The ones I've seen were leaking from the roof itself and not actually from the sunroof. The roof was rusting around the hole that was cut for the sunroof. Maybe it was a crap install, but yeah... ended up crusher bait.

Comment

Those nice door panels, ruined by ugly aftermarket speakers. Such a shame.

+1 on sun roofs suck. Lets add a lot of weight on the highest point of the car, add something else that can fail, and also leak water at the same time. Always thought they were stupid.
                      Last edited by pantera77; 08-21-2015, 04:51 PM.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

That thing was on Ebay about a year ago. As I recall they were asking about the same amount.

Speaking of ugly aftermarket speakers, would someone have some covers for the doors? I have ugly aftermarket covers on my car too.

Comment

I like it. Much better than those goofy calf-catcher bumpers and the pointy lights that the lenses fall out of.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                          X