E-bay 91 Colony Park LOW miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
    Wagons are going up in value - supply/demand. If that one is super nice mechanically and not a rotbox it may be worth it to someone.
    I bought at the right time then! Almost 2 years ago now.
    1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
    2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
    1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
    2018 VW Golf GTI - February 2018-February 2021 (was a lease)
    2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - May 2019 (it's road legal!)

2019 VW Golf Alltrack company provided April 2019 - Present
    2012 Fiat 500 5 speed - January 2021-Present
    2003 Audi A6 Allroad 6 speed July 2021-Present

Comment

I had a wagon(smaller) long before I ever had kids and I adored it. It was an '81 zephyr with a 3.3l six and a clapped-out c4. Drove that damn fool thing everywhere. Hauled all manner of things with it, including people but certainly not limited to. It was comfortable and just downright fun. I used my mustang lowering springs and 10-holes on it so it handled pretty damn well too. If I found another one i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Now that i'm doing BIG cars, I find myself attracted to the box wagons too. Would be super-cool if they made a Lincoln one but I guess that really goes astray of Lincoln's target demographic.

Comment

Y'all may not consider these cars worth that much, but they're now occupying a near classic status (with a little "they don't make 'em like this anymore") in the minds of most people.

If y'all have cars you're selling, don't sell them cheap!
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

When I worked at a wrecking yard in the 80s, wagons were the first thing to get filled with scrap and crushed. The boss hated wagons. I have always liked them especially non woody types. The coolest wagon I ever had was a 63 Studebaker daytona wagonaire. It had a sliding top over the rear cargo area. Had every option available that year. Sold it plus 2 other 63 Studebakers to one guy in the midwest . Hopefully it has been fullyClick image for larger version

Name:	P3020014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1281425Click image for larger version

Name:	P3020016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1281426 restored. Here is a picture in its non restored state
          Last edited by Mainemantom; 03-04-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

That is a great old car. I had the matchbox in blue. It was my first matchbox, a hand me down from a cousin who had plenty and liked this one the least. It had a trailer hitch and came with a little camper.

Also typically if a vehicle was available in many body styles the collector values usually go
            1) Convertible
            2) Wagon
            3) 2dr
            4) 4dr
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I think that's the problem, "Classic car now so pay me $$$$$^2." No, and no.
              Honestly, I wouldn't mind a wagon as we grew up with them too. But that's just it, I would expect them to be cheap and easy to have fun with because of it although now everyone is trying to wring water from dry rags it seems.. $7,500 is thirdgen F-body status and those are waaay cooler, faster and fun to drive than a 150hp kid hauler. Need cargo space? buy a truck and not have to worry about getting the interior dirty... Even old, bummy trucks are going up in value! Aye carumba. Times are a changing. As evident by Porsche SUVs, four door everything, disappearing manual shift options and two door vehicles. Years back I remember I went on a date with a chick who commented on my Chevy Colorado, "Why would you buy anything with two doors?" First and only date LoL
              Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 03-06-2017, 07:37 AM.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Here's a 5k rotbox.

I don't know what it is with this company, but they always seem to be selling junk rusty 25-40 year old junk. Weird thing is, people buy them? Why not spend the same and get a clean southern car?

George
                1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

"Old Dusty Cars" - Confirmed lol. I think a lot of it happens to do with them having other people put phony bids on stuff. Sometimes honest people might get caught up in a bidding war and perhaps others have money to burn. Dad is in the market for Corvette. Wants a C4 and thinks $13,000 is a fair price for one LOL.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That 89 is the twin to the one my buddy had. Except his was 100% rust free, ran reliably (he drove from VA to NJ many times without even a tune up or hose check), and he paid $400. That was ten years ago though.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Ford-Cr...JYu3jJ&vxp=mtr

Here's a 5k rotbox.

I don't know what it is with this company, but they always seem to be selling junk rusty 25-40 year old junk. Weird thing is, people buy them? Why not spend the same and get a clean southern car?

George
                      I've seen that thing on eBay since before I bought my CP in August 2015.
                      1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                      2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                      1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                      2018 VW Golf GTI - February 2018-February 2021 (was a lease)
                      2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - May 2019 (it's road legal!)

2019 VW Golf Alltrack company provided April 2019 - Present
                      2012 Fiat 500 5 speed - January 2021-Present
                      2003 Audi A6 Allroad 6 speed July 2021-Present

Comment

Working...
                      X