Government auctions of panther cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government auctions of panther cars

In case anyone is interested, I found a site called govdeals with listings of just about anything you can think of, including panthers, for sale by the federal, state and local governments. A lot of cheap auctions.

Mostly whales, but some aeros and one or two boxes available.

A vehicle search for Crown Vics: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...chForm=vehicle

For GMs: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...&sortOption=ea
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

ooh, that '91 is a scabby kritter.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

This '91 MGM LS is The Scab's twin:
      https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...943&acctid=461
      All the same options as The Scab: power antenna, manual heat/ac, ditch lights, leather wrapped steering wheel, same seats, same color inside and out, and (had) premium sound. I would get rid of the 22 inch rimz, and probably reclaim the trunk space as well.
      The VIN sequence number tells me it's newer than The Scab but older then The Ice Car.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Rimz rimz rimz rimz. Boyz in Detroite spend more on those than the cars themselves. Rimz rimz rimz...

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
          This '91 MGM LS is The Scab's twin:
          https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...943&acctid=461
          All the same options as The Scab: power antenna, manual heat/ac, ditch lights, leather wrapped steering wheel, same seats, same color inside and out, and (had) premium sound. I would get rid of the 22 inch rimz, and probably reclaim the trunk space as well.
          The VIN sequence number tells me it's newer than The Scab but older then The Ice Car.
          You could probably snatch that up and make almost all your money back on selling the wheels and sound system. I'd do it if I had $1000 lying around.
          —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

I would not be surprised if the owner is having one of his buds bid on the car to get it back. The previous owner cant bid. I saw it happen many times at the auctions in Los Angeles.
            Very dangerous car to get though. The smell of drugs is still in the car. Drug dog will pick it up. Drugs could still be in the car. Previous owner could have enemies. Someone sees the car, thinks it is the previous owner. The car was taken under asset forfeiture, so other crimes could be connected to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
              I would not be surprised if the owner is having one of his buds bid on the car to get it back. The previous owner cant bid. I saw it happen many times at the auctions in Los Angeles.
              Very dangerous car to get though. The smell of drugs is still in the car. Drug dog will pick it up. Drugs could still be in the car. Previous owner could have enemies. Someone sees the car, thinks it is the previous owner. The car was taken under asset forfeiture, so other crimes could be connected to it.
              All thoughts that had crossed my mind, although I did not know that the PO was not allowed to bid. I'll be sure to stay away from the Memphis area wit The Scab, lol, don't need anyone getting me confused for the PO of the car in question.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I'd get it if I had the cash. Wichita Falls is pretty far from Memphis.
                —John

Comment

Yeah no doubt that was a drug seizure, lol. Won't be recognized if you instantly take off those shitty heinous rims and stick some turbines on it. Wish I were closer to all this stuff, although I don't have any rust problems here...sure would like to hang with some of you guys though. Maybe if I ever get my car finished i'll do a power tour and hit Scottfest.

Comment

Yeah, that's a nice car. Might end up getting sniped later.

Comment

Judging from the engine bay pic, it looks to be very well-maintained.
                      —John

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                        Yeah no doubt that was a drug seizure, lol. Won't be recognized if you instantly take off those shitty heinous rims and stick some turbines on it. Wish I were closer to all this stuff, although I don't have any rust problems here...sure would like to hang with some of you guys though. Maybe if I ever get my car finished i'll do a power tour and hit Scottfest.
                        Your real close to the Nationwide auction in LA. They auction everything from recovered stolens, repos, city surplus jewelry, cars, trucks,etc. Auctions every 2 or 3 weeks. Pre-inspection used to be on Friday. Auction Saturday morning. I think I still have my auction card. If you have the time and extra $ check it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X