1989 LTD Crown Victoria in Fort Worth, TX - $800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 LTD Crown Victoria in Fort Worth, TX - $800

Ad says original owner passed away and it's been sitting for a while. Might be a pretty good deal?

Attached Files
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

That's my kind of deal! Sub $1K, needs a bit of work (not much from the sounds of it) to get it running, way better shape than my current sub $1K DDs.
    I am curious what shape the header panel is in behind that cracked grille and headlight bezel. Looks like it should be good enough.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Needs a nose job and the passenger front door popped back out... but otherwise looks clean. Gas is probably at least 2 years old. Inspection was out in 2015. The gas tank may need replaced and the pump may be seized. It is a clean "southern car" in all respects though. May have issues with the title if the seller doesn't have the power of attorney for sale of the vehicle if it's still in the name of the deceased.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yep, fuel pump is probably shit but for $800, it's pretty straight. Decent goddamn deal if you ask me. May go look at an '87 continental or '87 mkvii tomorrow. Don't know why I want to buy another car but I do. Also may pick up another gun too. Might be a product of spending more time at work than home or anywhere else and just wanting something to feel like it's all worth it. Buying crap makes me happy now and then

Comment

'bout to say, Vic beat me to it haha. Around here, something that clean for that kind of dough would go within 6 hours. All we see @ sub $2,500 prices are rusty trash.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

They've got the hood and trunk popped to hide the completely roached clear coat. I mean that's all appearance crap, but it's telling that there's no good shots of any part of the top of it/hood/roof/vinyl/trunk.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

That is a deal. It needs work but what doesn't. For that money it would be a nice second car. I hope someone here gets it .

Comment

I would so get it, but I'm sort of broke at the moment.
                —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  Yep, fuel pump is probably shit but for $800, it's pretty straight. Decent goddamn deal if you ask me. May go look at an '87 continental or '87 mkvii tomorrow. Don't know why I want to buy another car but I do. Also may pick up another gun too. Might be a product of spending more time at work than home or anywhere else and just wanting something to feel like it's all worth it. Buying crap makes me happy now and then
                  The continental is the right year, Mark VII, not so much. Keep it 90-92 on those, later the better.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Too bad it looks like something went down the entire right side of it, judging by the damaged chrome on the rear dogleg area and the paint missing on the rear bumper cover. The top doesn't look too bad, at least the sides don't, but we all know what the roof usually looks like. Still looks like a decent deal assuming no title mess. Hope it doesn't go to a derby.
                    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Working...
                    X