Clear All

worth a look

'87 GM

'79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by TFatseas View Post
      What? How does someone not like the really dated color scheme of creme on beige.
      I don't know, it's just so insanely awesome!

The light interior might be neat, though.

Originally posted by TFatseas View Post
      I've had some luck with older folks who have either taken their cars down to the South for the winter or bought their cars down there and brought them back up here.
      You know what's funny? My '87 wagon was purchased in NW Indiana but came to me with a Florida title after allegedly being used for snowbirding by the owner of the dealership where I bought it in '97. BUT, it also came to me with a neat little row of developing rust holes above the p/s doors! Go figure.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        i guess the question is, what are the details on what your looking for. also, whats you price range.
        LTD preferred, 2 door is a bonus. No rust, good paint. 2k or less. That's about it.

Comment

How far are you willing to travel/ship the car?

Comment

Depends on the car. I wouldn't buy a car without seeing it first or at least getting some detailed pics. At this point of time there is no limit.

Comment

I think you need to see if the folks in Mt. Pleasant would entertain a price that's more to your liking. Depending on your goals for the car, that is.

Comment

i was tempted to buy this and sell my car. it's not a panther but the price is right for this beauty.

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/2479731775.html (1979) Lincoln Mark V BB $2200

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                  i was tempted to buy this and sell my car. it's not a panther but the price is right for this beauty.

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/2479731775.html (1979) Lincoln Mark V BB $2200
                  The Bill Blass was always a nice color scheme in the Mark V. Great cars, although I would personally prefer a 78 so I could get the 460.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

that 79 actually is a panther. Panthers started in 79.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post

panther platform did not start on lincolns till 1980. so this is not on a panther platform. the mark vi is a panther not the mark v. but i want to buy this mark v so bad but i would have to sell my car to get it. only can have one car my parents said. and this one has a 460. bet it hogs gas badly i would drop a multiport exploder motor in it though for good gas mileage.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                        panther platform did not start on lincolns till 1980. so this is not on a panther platform. the mark vi is a panther not the mark v. but i want to buy this mark v so bad but i would have to sell my car to get it. only can have one car my parents said. and this one has a 460. bet it hogs gas badly i would drop a multiport exploder motor in it though for good gas mileage.
                        The barge Lincolns in 79 all had the 400 (351m) 78 was the last year for the 460. You are correct about it not being a Panther
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                          The barge Lincolns in 79 all had the 400 (351m) 78 was the last year for the 460. You are correct about it not being a Panther

oh ok. nice now it makes me want it more now that it wont suck up as much gas as a 460. what is the gas mileage like on one of these barges with a 400.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                            Uh, check the pics - that's a Mark V.

Comment

400 is a fuel hog......6-8 out of my 77 ltd

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Quit fucking threadjacking
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X