WTB: '84-85 ECC-IV distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
    Aaand which setup is appropriate for an '83? I might even consider just upgrading for EEC IV for the time being, it might just run smoother.
    Really? I might have my old EEC IV CFI harness down there too, lol. If I have the right distributor, how bout we trade for them gauges? :heyhey:
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'd expect it to run worse with eec4 if the timing chain hasn't been replaced. With eec3, the timing won't shift with the slop in the chain.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        Really? I might have my old EEC IV CFI harness down there too, lol. If I have the right distributor, how bout we trade for them gauges? :heyhey:
        You can take ALL the gauges - IP AND digital aftermarket, provided you offer me an unmolested cluster as well in exchange.
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
          You can take ALL the gauges - IP AND digital aftermarket, provided you offer me an unmolested cluster as well in exchange.

the digital instrument cluster will not work in his cv. cv have a different design cluster that will not fit in the merc without swapping over all the trim panel. you need a gm analog cluster with a good chunk of harness which i can get for you and will trade it for the digi cluster thats in the merc.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

hhmmm, I have a merc cluster - its from a 88-89 though. Maybe it will work? the 88-89 vic ones fit the older ones.... hhmmm
            You can keep Matt's cluster or give it to someone who wants to try to decipher the wiring.
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hhmmm, I have a merc cluster - its from a 88-89 though. Maybe it will work? the 88-89 vic ones fit the older ones.... hhmmm
              You can keep Matt's cluster or give it to someone who wants to try to decipher the wiring.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post

1979-1989 mercury clusters will work. if he wants a 140MPH speedometer from a cv than he will have to swap the dash trims.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I've got the distributor but it's a steel gear. Anyone needs it let me know.

Pete
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

The gear can be changed. Don't quite know if its the same as the old Duraspark gear though. It is something of a pain in the ass to do the job. I've done it, but I wouldn't reccomend it unless you have a press.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      The gear can be changed. Don't quite know if its the same as the old Duraspark gear though. It is something of a pain in the ass to do the job. I've done it, but I wouldn't reccomend it unless you have a press.
                      Or a coal stove

Comment

dont need heat to get those apart normally, though I guess heating the gear before sticking it back on the shaft would make the job easier. I did mine at work, just cleaned the distributor up real good and put it together with the hydraulic press. If the arbor press was taller, it would have easily done the job. I have done it with a hammer and a piece of pipe to drive the gear on, but its a pain in the ass to get it just right, and its a good way to damage things if you aren't real careful.
                        Last edited by gadget73; 12-15-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X