Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Lines

Hey gang.
    Went to fix a broken vacuum line coming off the sensors on the right fender on my 89 GM. It got as far as the whole set-up just disintegrating away. It has 4 hoses/tubes (RED, BLACK, WHITE, GREEN) coming off the sensors, to a plug/connector that hooks up to the main vacuum harness on the engine. If anybody has one, or at least the original FORD number for me to track it down, it would be appreciated. I already checked with WAGONMAN first, and he can't help me on this.

MIKE

Looking to replace the lines or sensors??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The lines. The plastic completely fell apart.

Comment

Doubt the original lines are going to be available. Think you're looking at generic replacement vacuum tubing. Maybe someone else can tell us differently??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Just cap it all off on the engine side for now, those only control your EGR and smog solenoids. It would be much easier to just replace with rubber line - if you can still read the map on the fan shroud sticker you can go by that.
          Or, if you can still see where the red lines go, those will be the ports of the solenoids that take engine vacuum. Then, one line will run from one of them back to the EGR valve on the engine, then the other should have two lines coming out, one going to either smog valves plumbed into the 1" metal smog pipes around the passenger exhaust manifold. Hopefully enough is still in tact to let you see where they go.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

all of the plastic is pretty much toast by now. I replaced mine with rubber tube and color coded it with small zip ties in the original color to ID the lines. Heat shrink tube would also work well for color coding.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X