Dome lens needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dome lens needed

Anyone know where I can find a new or very good used dome light lens for a box Crown Vic ('86)??? They are not an item that you can get from a parts store, and I know this lens was used on many years production of FoMoCo vehicles from the mid-'80s through the mid-'90s. The cars I've seen in the local pull-a-part places have them either missing, cracked or broken. Ideas?
    1986 Ford Country Squire LX 8-pass wagon 5.0L AOD

If you want a stock white cover order one from LMCTruck.com
    Part# 47-4275
    http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=155

Or a clear one, also from LMCTruck.com (which I have in my 91 MGM, matches the stock light covers on the doors/armrests)
    Part# 47-4291
    http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=75
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

dammit, "not available at this time". Clear ones can be had tho. Hell of a lot cheaper than the stock lens as well.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oops, I didn't check availability but with this slow backwoods internet at my parents' house it would probably take a few minutes to load the page to find that out.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I've seen them available in the help section of some autopart stores.

I have had the stock one, the "help" part as well as the LMC truck clear one.

The stock one was off white yellow from just being old.

The "help" one was a frosted white color.

The LMC truck one was super clear. It was a very snug fit and am worried about breaking it should i ever have to remove it.

They each provided a different warmth to the interior. I currently run the LMC model and like the ample amount of light that shines through it.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-28-2015, 05:08 AM.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have a fairly good shape stock one, and the light it produces is paltry at best.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I bought the clear one (from LMC) after Dave posted about it. It is on my '87 GM and I have copious amount of light coming from it. As Dave points out, however, it IS a tight fit and wouldn't want to test the plastic tabs by removing it!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Anything that might be fixable with a couple minutes and a file ? If it has casting flash, often just knocking that off will make parts fit nicely.

Comment

I'd probably recommend anyone purchasing one to test fit and file if necessary. I will not though attempt to remove it to ensure it can be reinstalled easier. I will give it a once over with a file if I happen to replace the dome lamp and removed it without splitting it in two.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got one of the clear lenses last year and it felt like it was loose if anything, it has been on since installed and I had taken it off a few times with no issues.
                    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Hmm, all kinds of differing experience with the fitment.
                      I believe mine was tighter than stock but not bad enough to make me want to do anything about it. I think some light filing may help but meh it's good enough for me.

I don't think I have removed mine since I put it on 1.5-2 years ago. Like miamibob pointed out, I also got mine after Dave posted it so I can't take any credit for for finding the links I posted.
                      Last edited by VicCrownVic; 02-28-2015, 11:09 PM.
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I agree with test fitting and taking a file to the edges. I bought three at a great price from LMC. What a difference in the way it looks and adds sparkle to the interior. I would email LMC and ask when they are going to get them in. Worth the wait.

Comment

I have one immaculate dome light from a 2001 model. I have seen this same style used in a 1986 Grand Marquis. Is this what you need?

This light also has the backing plate that sits on top of the headliner to support the light.

Comment

Working...
                          X