No announcement yet.

1990 Lincoln TownCar EVO Solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot last time I posted that I have today off from work.
    The 90 TC is gone. There are at least 4 new boxes including an 85 CVCS base model.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

There's a '90 TC on CL for parts about 30 min away from me on CL. I contacted a guy about the fan shroud/radiator overflow for my '91 and never got around to going up and grabbing the parts. How hard is that thing you need to remove?

Here's the ad: http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pts/4929853742.html
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

remove the power steering pressure hose, and 1 1/4" wrench to remove the actual solenoid. and the electrical connector of course.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          remove the power steering pressure hose, and 1 1/4" wrench to remove the actual solenoid. and the electrical connector of course.
          I'll PM you if I contact the guy & can arrange to go up there with my nephew sometime before Wednesday of next week.
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

before you pull. Ohm out the solenoid. It should be between 5 and 20 ohms.

Comment

I don't really know how to do so. I have a couple cheap crap electrical testers here but the guy claims it's a running driving car with bad frame rail.

Odds are it's good, it's easier for me to just offer what I feel is a fair price for small batch of parts, send it to you and eat the cost if it's bad.

If it's good I can let u know what I paid for the fan shroud, overflow, and sensor. Then you can send me what you feel is fair for the part. Which I was going to communicate via PM, but whatever.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ok, thanks! I'm gonna see if I can find a couple of these things.

Comment

Headed to a yard myself today. I'll keep an eye out for a 90 towny

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'll wait to see if sxc or sly comes up with a solenoid, would obviously be cheaper to ship within the US.
                    RyPow
                    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Nope. There was a 90 towny there, but no engine/pump to look at. I did get the trunk muncher from it though. Goin on the vic if I can make it fit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm trying to find as many as I can. I want the one you have as well! As long as the solenoid ohms out 5-20ohms can you check for me mang?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                          X