No announcement yet.

Turbine Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like that is worth a ride. What a deal !! You can blow the carbon out of the motor at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Sounds like that is worth a ride. What a deal !! You can blow the carbon out of the motor at the same time.
      Well the Vic won't be making this drive. It would probably make it with no problems but it isn't 100% and I don't want to take any chances!
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Eh, stretch it's legs! If you break down, Ash, I and probably VicCrownVic would help out along the way!
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          Eh, stretch it's legs! If you break down, Ash, I and probably VicCrownVic would help out along the way!
          Haha, I actually don't think she'd break down at all. My problem is I don't feel comfortable doing a border crossing in a car with a majorly blowy exhaust. If the exhaust was fixed I would drive it for sure! Just out of car money this year and I have a kid on the way... so guess what has to wait!

But yeah I'll just get ahold of a travel buddy and figure out a day to make the drive. If I start early enough I can be home before 10pm! Plus, I would get lunch in the states which is always inexpensive (even with the exchange), delicious and plentiful!
          ************************************************** ******************************
          1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
            Free would probably be worth the drive! Where about are you in Indiana?
            Never mind, I saw Fort Wayne on your profile synopsis! Let me figure out some dates that will work... do you mind holding on to them for a couple of weeks? My schedule is super crazy these days.

Comment

Since the wheels are free, price out Fed Ex/UPS or greyhound cost for shipping. Might be cheaper than the travel up and back. No idea about the customs stuff, but the parts are used. I had a wheel shipped for $25 several times. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                Since the wheels are free, price out Fed Ex/UPS or greyhound cost for shipping. Might be cheaper than the travel up and back. No idea about the customs stuff, but the parts are used. I had a wheel shipped for $25 several times. Just an idea.
                It would be a good idea, but I'm looking forward to the road trip! I think it would be cool to drive all day on a mission

Comment

They're not going anywhere. I'll hold on to em. I just want them to go to a panther lover
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                    They're not going anywhere. I'll hold on to em. I just want them to go to a panther lover
                    Thanks, man! I'm still trying to sort out a date. My dad wants to come too, so we have to coordinate our schedules... Which can be challenging. Do you prefer a weekend or weekday? Also, which emblem is on the centers? Not that it makes a difference, just curious! I'd want them no matter what was on them!

Comment

Ok, so the case is closed on this one! Big thanks to p71towny for the rims I can't wait to clean them up and mount those suckers on the big blue boat. She'll lover her new shoes!

Really interesting experience at the Canadian border trying to explain free wheels though! Chris came through for me there too when they had to call him to confirm that I didn't pay a cent for them. I owe you an ice cream, mang!

I have the set I bought at Bothwell up for grabs if anyone wants them... while I'm not giving them away per say, I would certainly be interested in trading for some 4bbl gear (carb and/or intake), dual exhaust, rear bumper, performance suspension parts, etc.

Comment

Any time! Yeah, that was weird. I tried to explain to her car guys give, swap and trade all the time. She asked if I traded or anything I was like no I posted on a forum board lol. At first I was like hmm, they seemed normal but maybe they stuffed weed in the rims/tires trailer park boys style lol. Glad it all turned out well. Hope you didn't get in trouble with the wifey!
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

First time we went to Canada together to have cars Krowned I forgot my ID. On the way back I got through with minimal delay whereas Ashley got detained, her car searched interior trim busted n all and questioned repeatedly, despite having all proper paperwork n ID
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            First time we went to Canada together to have cars Krowned I forgot my ID. On the way back I got through with minimal delay whereas Ashley got detained, her car searched interior trim busted n all and questioned repeatedly, despite having all proper paperwork n ID
                            Take it as a compliment - probably a stall tactic to give the guy more time to flirt!!

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                              Any time! Yeah, that was weird. I tried to explain to her car guys give, swap and trade all the time. She asked if I traded or anything I was like no I posted on a forum board lol. At first I was like hmm, they seemed normal but maybe they stuffed weed in the rims/tires trailer park boys style lol. Glad it all turned out well. Hope you didn't get in trouble with the wifey!
                              Hahaha, well my dad's a cop and once they saw the badge wallet their stance relaxed somewhat. Probably didn't help that I had a case of beer with me. Honestly, I fully expected this which is why I had intended on printing off our messages and everything, I just forgot. Anyway, you saved the day, man! And I would never smuggle pot into Canada from the USA... we grow far superior bud here north of the border (If this becomes a war of words, shame on all of us)

And DerekTheGreat, one year I went to the AutoShow in Detroit with an expired passport and got zero flack while my cop dad and cop uncles all got major q&a time. Not as extreme as your example, but certainly relatable.

I think the main thing is to be honest and not try to sneak anything past. Either way, it worked out fine for me! (this time).

Comment

Working...
                              X