Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to buy new dash pad for a blue 1990 Crown Victoria.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to buy new dash pad for a blue 1990 Crown Victoria.

I now have a horrid crack on my dash pad and yes it is NLA from Ford any suggestions?

Jy
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

that or the company coverlay, I believe they are called. They make abs plastic that fits over the old dash
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
        that or the company coverlay, I believe they are called. They make abs plastic that fits over the old dash
        Yeah good luck, we '90-up folks are SOL on the dash pad, it's the entire dash, Coverlay doesn't make ANYTHING for 1990 or later. Your only option is one of those carpet drape dash mat jobbies from ebay or wherever if you don't want to have to look at the rapid disintegration of your dash.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I have the carpet cover on my '86 Tudor......looks very good and the color is spot on!
          Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
          Yeah good luck, we '90-up folks are SOL on the dash pad, it's the entire dash, Coverlay doesn't make ANYTHING for 1990 or later. Your only option is one of those carpet drape dash mat jobbies from ebay or wherever if you don't want to have to look at the rapid disintegration of your dash.

Comment

What color are you looking for or does it matter ? It seems like someone here located a wagon that had a red one. There is a dark blue and a rose color from a MGM floating around.
            I have a dash cover on mine from "dash mat" The fit is excellent, color is great (dark blue) . It is the only one I used the velcro on to hold it in place. It looks like it is make for the car. I used to sell "Dash Guard" and "Dash Mat" when I had my business. Hot sellers then. Used to sell them for $35 plus tax and shipping. Get the loop pile type (like carpet) they last. The other types fade and fall apart. I have had some for 20+ years.

Comment

I have two leads for you. one grey, one red. used.
              you have a pm

Comment

For any 90 and up people who need dashboards for their cars go to A Grade Auto Part they found a dashboard for my car and I had it in one week shipped to my mail drop woo hooo.

Comment

I now have a tan dash installed in my car, my current dash rug is covering it up. Now I am happy that I have a perfect dash in my car.

Comment

Glad to hear you were able to get a nice dash for your car!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                      I have the carpet cover on my '86 Tudor......looks very good and the color is spot on!
                      Where'd you get it. My dash cracked to hell about two years ago.
                      sigpic
                      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                      302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                      COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Mainemanton,
                        I could use the Grey dash pad if Rodentkiller has no interest.
                        PM me if you like.
                        90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
                        90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
                        91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
                        70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Try Agrade Auto Parts they will find the dash and ship it to you and they found it and shipped the dash to me in one week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
                            Try Agrade Auto Parts they will find the dash and ship it to you and they found it and shipped the dash to me in one week.
                            Given I used the correct website, I plugged my info into their website quote request, and they called back about 5 hours later.
                            I wasn't trying to given the guy a hard time, but he said he will take a photo of the inspected dash pad, and wait for my approval.
                            $350+shipping.
                            If it's a true OEM factory pad manf long ago.... then I'm sorta okay with the price.

Feelings anyone?
                            sigpic
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                            302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                            COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

There is also the repair option. This guy's repair came out pretty good.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X