Anyone have issues using 10% Ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you got it, nasty stuff

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Is there a petition or something going on to end the addition of ethanol to gas? There needs to be...
      1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
      1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

My car lost a noticeable amount of fuel economy on the ethanol. I suspect Hess gas doesn't have it, because whenever I use that I get a solid 3-4 mpg improvement.

I haven't had problems with it on the boat yet, but I change fuel filters and use stabilizers religiously. I've had so many fuel problems over the years that I do everything I can to avoid it. One year I had those carbs off must have been a half dozen times to clear them out. Finally got the problem fixed after a lot of BS, and its been good for years now.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X