No announcement yet.

Anyone have issues using 10% Ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's impossible to find a station in Portland, Oregon, that sells regular, non-ethanol fuel.

There are a few stations here in Bend that sell it, but you can't put it in any car newer than.....1954.

I'm dead serious.

There's a way around it, but it involves driving another car to the station, and filling up several gas cans with the stuff...the T-bird sits in my garage right now with a half-tank of the non-ethanol.

By the way....if you're going to be buying 'Sta-Bil' for winterizing any vehicles, get the 'Marine' blend, it keeps the ethanol from separating.

Comment

If found that some Gulf stations have straight petrol. Atleast a few i saw in PA advertised as having no ethanol.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Join an anti-ethanol group here: http://www.e0pc.com/

Comment

I hear it is very bad for carb's, especially on small engines and farm equipment....but i fear for my carb'd 351 if they start up the ethanol in NJ again......
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

like said, the ethanol goes through phase seperation. like water, ethanol and gas dont mix and around 30 days it starts to break down and seperate. now you can imagine what it turns into...pretty much corn syrup lol. it bad for us in the marine industry cause most stuff we service is carburated still. that shit they car ethanol breaks down then clogs passages and the ocatain number drops. nasty shit if you ask me. thats why i use mid grade in everything i drive.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

This is a sample of fuel from a fuel tank in which phase separation has occurred. The upper phase is gasoline with a reduced level of ethanol. The lower level is a mixture of ethanol and water.

Comment

thats the shit, at work, we have a kit for testing fuel for its ehanol content. the additive causes phase seperation to take place within minutes. we have pumped many tanks due to ethanol. its a good thing that the pumps at work are still ethanol free but, im still to cheap to pay the price for marine gas. i use a simple trick to ethanol, fuel stabilizer. lol

Comment

We've had alcohol in our gasoline here in STL for decades, never a problem in any of my engines.
                  Carbs are fine, FI is fine, lawnmower is fine.
                  My red F-250 with a carb goes through 1 tank of gas per year. Starts right up any time I get in it.
                  The Ranger I used to have, with FI, went through 2 tanks of gas per year. It also started right up every time.
                  The 12 yr old lawnmower goes through 1 can of gas per year. Starts right up every time. It's never had a day without alcohol.
                  The old Lincoln is okay with it also.
                  We've had alcohol in our fuel for so long here, we consider it just plain old fuel and don't worry about it.
                  1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                  1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                  1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

here we have the 85% Ethanol, 10% ethanol 89 octane, 87 regular no ethanol and 91 premium with no ethanol
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

The Great Ethanol Scam

"Not only is ethanol proving to be a dud as a fuel substitute but there is increasing evidence that it is destroying engines in large numbers"

Comment

Fuel pump business is booming for us here at NAPA. Unfortunately, so are the warranty claims.

During a recent car show (the biggest in the area), our store received scores of phone calls for....fuel pumps, especially for carbed cars. The mechanical fuel pumps were eroding from the inside out....

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          Fuel pump business is booming for us here at NAPA. Unfortunately, so are the warranty claims.

During a recent car show (the biggest in the area), our store received scores of phone calls for....fuel pumps, especially for carbed cars. The mechanical fuel pumps were eroding from the inside out....
                          My father in laws 300 sat for 8 years.

We got it going last year, Fuel tank drop,clean and flush....

we got maybe 500 miles out of it during a sit and run period last summer...

Mechanical fuel pump died... It was the diaphragm... Fuckin ethanol.

Comment

Gotta love those 300's you could probably run it on 5 cyl. with liquified horse shit and rum for fuel.

Anyone know if ethanol has been messing up fuel injected systems as much as older ones?
                            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
                            1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

on new EFI 4stroke outboard engines, if the gas has ethanol that is a few months old, they dont seem to run.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                                on new EFI 4stroke outboard engines, if the gas has ethanol that is a few months old, they dont seem to run.
                                Yeah, being around so much water...the ethanol absorbs water and separates. I think the numbers were like 3-4 months in 70% humidity and separation occurs.
                                1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
                                1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Working...
                                X