back window will only go down from drivers control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back window will only go down from drivers control

my right side back window on my 04 grand marquis only goes up from the door control. to get it to go down you have to use the drivers window controls. anyone know what might be wrong

So the only way it goes up or down is from the right rear control?

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

i am sorry i didnt make it clear as i rushed but the back right window will only go up from its door window switch. to get it to go down you have to use the drivers door switch.

Comment

First step is to pull it out and clean it up as well as you can. The contact could just be gummed up.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

+1 bad contact or bad switch.
          Try some of that electrical contact cleaner. It can work wonders.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

My buddy's '05 does this (old cop car). You need to take apart the switches and clean the contacts. Switch and contact cleaner is useless, you need to get in there with a pick or something and physically remove the carbon build up. The contacts in his are so worn that they have to be absolutely spotless to work, so he has to clean them monthly. I doubt yours are that bad, his car was a traffic unit, so god knows how many times those windows have gone up and down in its 7 years of existence.
            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Working...
            X