Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust

I want to get an exhaust for my grand marquis. I don't want anything too loud I want it to sound just like the marauder any suggestions on how to make my exhaust sound like that, I want it to have a little growl when I start it want it to be low on idle and to be loud when I step on the gas
    Last edited by bigsteve305; 05-06-2013, 03:01 AM. Reason: Miss spelled

on these cars... keep some cats on it and put any number of flow through muffler (unbaffled) like magnaflows. I like them on mine. They're a little bit louder than I would have expected on the 93 (but then it's got a PI (03) motor in it). It's not drone-tastic though since I had a shop custom bend the duals into the car.

the 88... in all its' lopo mellow glory.

the 93 as it sits (PI engine)

and the 93 back when it had the original NPI engine of restriction

The exhaust didn't change between NPI and PI. Still stock size duals with magnaflow cats and muffs.

The 88 has stock size duals with magnaflow cats and muffs. In that video it was single exhaust, but it still sounds the same, just a dink louder... seriously... maybe 3 to 6 db louder.

I limit my driving of the 93 because I like the play the radio with my right foot... and I want to keep it longer. The 88 is my DD and rush-hour tank.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

What year is you car?

-ryan s
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

It's a 2000 stock

Comment

Will a H pipe fit on my car this muffle shop told me only a x pipe will. I heard that the h pipes have a lower sound then the x

Comment

I have cheapo muffler shop turbo mufflers on mine and they're OK, but if I had it to do over again I'd get the Thrush welded mufflers and pray they didn't get boomy.

Comment

X although better flow gives a higher tone more associated with modular motors as opposed to H which gives you a more muscle-y sound you get with a carbed muscle car from the 70s or 80s..

personally id go with an H and a set of thrush turbos, had a nice sound on my 351W
              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteve305 View Post
                Will a H pipe fit on my car this muffle shop told me only a x pipe will. I heard that the h pipes have a lower sound then the x
                that shop is full of idiots then. I have ONLY H pipes on all of my cars. H pipe actually takes up LESS room than an X pipe.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Just got my exhaust done had an h pipe with flowmasters 40s kept all the cats sounds great to me. Not too loud ill post a video later

Comment

When ever I floor the gas a lot of white smoke comes out thru the tail pipes and there's a burning smell. Why is it doing that for?

Comment

Clogged cats maybe

Comment

no... clogged cat would prevent you from running well as it would reduce exhaust flow to the point of hindering the engine. you could have a coolant gasket leak in the EGR spacer and just be sucking coolant. The spacer can be bypassed by routing the hose from the heater pipe to the spacer to the intake manifold instead of the spacer. then just loop the one from the intake back to the spacer to prevent vacuum leaks. If this is the case, this fix will solve the issue.

Now if the smoke has a blueish tint to it, you're burning oil. Short of replacing valve seals and possibly piston rings, you're not going to stop that. Just keep putting oil in it until you can get the engine fixed/replaced in this case.

Black smoke would indicate running rich, so that's not the problem.

Comment

It is black smoke not white. And it doesn't do it all the time only once in a while when I floor it. not low on coolant neither. It's not a whole lot of smoke that comes out. I have a lot of water that drips out too I kno that's condensation but it seems like a lot tho.

Comment

I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with the car I just bought rims and in gonna buy tires. Then I'm going to get the self tuner and a CAI so I'm dropping a lot of money on my car I want to make sure There's nothing wrong first before I do all of that. Also just got out the body shop for a touch up . I was gonna get a new mustang 5.0 but it was too much money do I decided to hook up my MGM

Comment

only when you floor it and black... nothing wrong. the fuel system riches up when you floor it to prevent detonation. You may also have carbon buildup that's coming out when you floor it. Now it is indicating that you've probably got bad burn in the cylinders or way too much fuel (not enough air) so a new air filter and top end tune up (plugs/wires/etc) may be in order.

Comment

Working...
                              X