No announcement yet.

Intake Manifold options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, what you see at the bottom is a cover having a type of fiber or foam board actually remove it to see if the intake manifold was not broken down and is in good condition, I could remove the cover.

The question I had was about the passages of antifreeze in the bottom of the intake manifold where the cooling water passes.
    ** and I have the epoxy sealant to apply after cleaning all good.

Thank you.

Comment

Today i change the intake manifold, in the morning i put the quick steel in the water passages, and it dry fast and was hard.

When I was installing the intake I have a problem because the last screw thread on the right side was damaged, I had to go to Home Depot to buy a tap to repair the thread

In the photo it looks as if the tap was not aligned, but if it fits well.
      must be at the angle when taking the photo.

The used gasket was in bad shape in the right side, when i remove the last bolt was very hard to remove, but then i figure that maybe in that area the intake has a air leak, i mean sucking air, and a water leak too.

The last weekend i buy a Craftsman torque wrench and auto repair manual

When I finish the work before starting the engine, just I put the key several times to fill with fuel injectors and rail.

Then i started the engine and was working well, and then began to fail and appeared P0208 fault code, turn off the engine, remove and put the injector connector and the fault disappeared, then appeared the same code, but in the injector no. 5.
      Remove and put all connectors, I realized that they were somewhat loose, do not fit well, I'll see if I can get used connectors or can hold with something.

After that check that there were no leaks of gasoline or some failure, take the car and drive about 3 or 4 miles, I felt very well indeed with more power than before.

This weekend I want to double check the torque of the screws on the intake manifold, I gave him a tightening of 25 N-M
      The intake manifold has different threads for the screws holding the alternator, I saw a youtube video and puncture one to drill, but did not taste much like left.

Any one of you know if it sells the bracket for this type of intake manifold ?, or rather if the alternators are the same for any engine 4.6?

Even though the car feels more powerful, i still do not have much confidence in speeding because I have not changed his tires.
      I hope this next month to buy good tires.

Thanks for your advice concerning the repair of my car.

Comment

I know some of us that have had issues with the connectors loosing their retaining clips just use zip ties to keep them on. You don't need high temp ties as that's not a hot area. Just make sure to get skinny ones so they can fit between the wires. As for the screws for mounting the alternator bracket, I would just go to a hardware store and ask an employee for assistance in figuring out what thread you need and get 2 bolts. Unless someone knows what thread those bolts are.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If I get to feeling stupid and buy another mod motor car i'll probably buy an aluminum manifold and be done with it. Or just do a coyote swap. I'm thinking 2000-ish whale, 5.0, 5r55 and a kenne bell. Job done. Now all I need is money...

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            I know some of us that have had issues with the connectors loosing their retaining clips just use zip ties to keep them on. You don't need high temp ties as that's not a hot area. Just make sure to get skinny ones so they can fit between the wires. As for the screws for mounting the alternator bracket, I would just go to a hardware store and ask an employee for assistance in figuring out what thread you need and get 2 bolts. Unless someone knows what thread those bolts are.
            Yes, i think about use thin plastic ties to hold the connectors of the injectors i will do it sooner.
            About the alternator, it fits, i drill the two holes and install the original bolts.

Just found this bracket, it seems to fit the intake manifold that i installed, but what i see it that don't have the tips to fit the top engine cover.

This is the Mustang bracket.
            http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-u...et-9904gt.html

Any of you have used this bracket?

Comment

Working...
            X