Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel pump or relay ..... or maybe some thing other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear it all worked out

Comment

Thanks again Pete for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
        Glad to hear it all worked out
        Thank you. Thinking might have been a case of a chip reader failing to read a clone key's chip. . I'll be very particular from here out, take note of which key I use. .

No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

Update on situation. I returned the fuel pump and the sock. I have tried all 5 keys several times, always when I go from run to start, I hear the fuel pump. Today, we took it to town, shopping, several stops and shut downs, not a single glitch. I've studied on it, I am increasingly becoming convinced it was a failure to read a chip issue, though I do not yet know why. I've seen where some have added wire to increase reception by the car. One local mechanic said he knows of one that a customer has will sometimes read a cloned key, and other times it will ignore the same key ... but it always seems to read the remaining original key.

It was really nice driving today, still amazes us how many groceries will fit in that trunk. I have to look real close, in bright light, but I can just barely make out the very smallest beginnings of tire side wall cracks, so will be changing those soon enough. As she sits now though, I'd drive her about anywhere east of the Mississippi River avoiding those 75 mph hot west Texas roads. Bought a 5 qt jug of 5w30 MC blend for a change too, got 700 miles on her since last change in '21. I see was about then I did coolant and brake fluid too.
          Last edited by tbear853; 04-04-2023, 06:21 PM.
          No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

Working...
          X