No announcement yet.

exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was too cheap and I dont think flowmasters are worth the $$ and decided that putting any muffler on would quiet the Marq down a lot more than I wanted. Mine isn't too loud inside but since I have the tailpipes exiting out under the trunk it resonates a little which is annoying (thus the reason I'm changing to huge exhaust tips coming out the back).
    If you dont want it to be real loud but still wanna actually hear it put an x-pipe and glasspacks on it. Thrush or Cherrybomb are pretty inexpensive Dynomax has their Race Bullet and Flowmasters race muffler sounds awesome but its like $100+ per.
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Painted the exhaust with 500-degree engine paint? Not such a good idea. I actually used some leftover high-heat Rustoleum (the stuff intended for barbecue grills and stuff) on the old Mustang H pipe after giving it some cleanup. Be interesting to see how it holds up. If it works out OK, I intend to put some on my tailpipes so they don't look so stupid hanging down and an awkward gangley angle.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
      X