No announcement yet.

marauder engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can buy a 2011 town car. They make them until august next year os it may technically be a 2012. There's already a 5.4 DOHC S/C whale Town Car out there.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
      I know. Scott already claimed my stock airbox for the TC. But, i can hook you up with the Airbox and the MAF. You'd have to get a tune for the bigger MAF, but, you'd add a nice 15-20 hp, maybe more.

-ryan s.
      Damn that's some power! That would be pretty awesome.
      Lets Go Pens!

Comment

20hp from maf, airbox, and tune might be a little optimistic

the 4.6 4v will fit where any 4.6 2v was

honestly if you already had a pi 2v, it would make more sense to add a kenne bell, and maybe some cams; that would mop a marauder up and down the street

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          put a 302 in one
          +500 .... far cheaper and easier way to bolt in 300 horsepower.

Only reason not to would be if you're stuck with California smog laws, your car is newer than 1999, and you can't convince the goons that an Explorer was a car and not a truck. Or if you're just plain afraid of doing things the way that works.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
            20hp from maf, airbox, and tune might be a little optimistic
            But...! K&N says installing their filter gains 15 to 25 horsepower!!! And Magnaflow promises another 25 from their muffler ..... so that's a good extra 50hp right there ..... right?

Comment

Of, course! It goes right with the tornado intake things. And the fuel magnets.

20 hp from a tune is doable. especially if it can breathe better.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

heck... duals and cone filter on my 93 made a night and day difference mid to upper RPM range. pulls all the way now instead of buggin out around half mast.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

dual exhaust is probably worth 15hp alone over single

a pi 4.6 2v will make 300hp flywheel with simple boltons, Im not sure how much sense a mild 302 makes, if the 4.6 is tired/blown up, that is a different story. a built 302 that turns some rpm is a no brainer

Comment

I take it a lowpo 4.6L has a lot more in the way of RPM range than a lowpo 302?

Hey,Dereck is reading this thread. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Comment

my Marauder redlines a 6200. so, i'm sure the lopo 302 goes higher.

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

lopo 302 won't top 5k without some parts thrown at it. pushrod engines typically don't run as high of revs as OHC engines.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ryan,

You had best make me a deal on Marauder parts. I will need a good few!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            But...! K&N says installing their filter gains 15 to 25 horsepower!!! And Magnaflow promises another 25 from their muffler ..... so that's a good extra 50hp right there ..... right?

An MZT is a lot more than just a drop in filter. (also cost a lot more pretty much getting it for the tune and future mod support)
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

After Hot Rod Magazine just made 453 naturally aspirated hp with a junkyard 4.6 2V build, I'd definitely say that the 2V has alot of power potential.

You rarely see modular engines that are naturally aspirated, that make any steam. But thats a fine example, thanks to TFs new heads.

Call me crazy, but I like the way a 2V modular looks, better than the 4V.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                                garbage '80s production pushrod engines typically don't run as high of revs as OHC engines.

Comment

Working...
                                X