Aww shit, here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crownvicman289 View Post
    So I made the drive, pulled down 22-23mpg the whole way cranking 80 with the AC blasting, a motor in the trunk, us, and all our shit. First 600 miles were windy as shit too. I've noticed the car runs a bit quirkier near sea level, I think it wants less fuel pressure and that it over-leans up at altitude.
    It's ready for Scottfest?

Comment

I think it's ready for normal life. 3.73s and trak-lok will be installed next week. Tomorrow I leave for MI and the next day I get to swap out that 4.3. Fun fun, at least I have fully functioning EATC for it, not like it'll matter when high 60s are what it's going to be in MI. Perfect wrenching weather.
      1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

3.73s tomorrow. I can't wait, the car is a beast as it sits with the 3.08s. I just averaged 26mpg on this last tank with speeds of 70 and less. I think it actually gets 28mpg around 60-65mph here in the flatlands. Did I mention this car rips now with no motor in the trunk? I can light them (currently just it) up when I'm already moving, burns all the way through 1st.
        1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Cool. Every time I hear about the big economy improvements people get out of a T5, it makes me want to swap the Mark VII over that much more. No manual in the Towncar but I've heard reports of 34 mpg out of an otherwise stock Mark VII with a T5 swap. Normally those don't break 24 mpg, and mine only does about 21. I could buy into fuel economy improvements in the Townie but I just refuse to put a floor shifter in that, and theres no way in hell I'm going to rig up a column shift.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Often times when I glance at the instant economy on what appears to be flat ground, it'll read 30ish mpg, so the 26-28 is more of an average mpg while cruising. I managed a calculated 26mpg at the pump with me slamming through the gears a few times. You can literally watch the mpg gauge increment down once the foot's on the floor. The good news is that after 3 days, the 4.3 is in its new home and looks like I picked a solid motor. First try it runs like a champ, no apparent leaks, no misses, no CEL, so I drove it home and left the Crown Vic on the lift half ripped apart. At least it's on the lift and immobile, so it has to be finished to be removed from the lift now so I'll definitely have 3.73s and a 2 tire fire tomorrow. I didn't manage to maneuver it to the lift until about 5:00. I'm really tempted to blow donuts in front of his shop when it's done. At least he's a Ford man, so he appreciates the creation that is my car.

Comment

3.73s and trak-lok are in! Both were used, so I was worried they'd howl, but they're quiet as can be and the trak-lok definitely works. As soon as they were installed, I went out and did the only right thing: row some gears and a nice burnout. It did the burnout a lot easier than I thought and I accidentally boinked the limiter a couple times. I just lit 'em up, grabbed the brake, and sat there making a smoke show like I knew what I was doing. It left 2 nice black stripes in the road and now 5th is a usable top end gear. It probably winds out to about 150 or so, but my balls invert before I get that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Crownvicman289 View Post
                3.73s and trak-lok are in! Both were used, so I was worried they'd howl, but they're quiet as can be and the trak-lok definitely works. As soon as they were installed, I went out and did the only right thing: row some gears and a nice burnout. It did the burnout a lot easier than I thought and I accidentally boinked the limiter a couple times. I just lit 'em up, grabbed the brake, and sat there making a smoke show like I knew what I was doing. It left 2 nice black stripes in the road and now 5th is a usable top end gear. It probably winds out to about 150 or so, but my balls invert before I get that far.
                Please say you're coming to Scottfest with this Vic!!!

Comment

Mmm, yeah. . . Scott's in Canadia, right? Or PA or NY or something? All the same general area when you have a passport that allows you to cut through, which is a helluva drive from CO. I'm in MI now, but headed back to CO before my leave is up the end of the month. I do aspire to bring it to Scottfest if that makes you feel any better. When I get home, it gets painted and new rear brakes and I'm pretty much done.

Comment

Tremont PA. 17981...

Comment

Pennsylvania doesn't require a passport. Its not one of those looney states like California where you need to present your emissions paperwork at the border.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

NY is quicker to cut through Canadia coming from MI, but PA from CO that isn't the case. I was thinking of hitting Niagra from here.

Comment

Working...
                        X