performance parts for my 94 grand marquis with stock 4.6 HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slymer View Post
    I can vouch for the PITA that swapping the PI motor into a pre-OBD-II car since that's what was done with my 93. Gadget was the wiring guy and it gave him fits. We finally got it all done and back to Texas and it runs great. Putting 230HP down at the wheels with 274ftlbs of torque. It can be done, but there's a LOT of mix and match of parts to get it to work and you have to tune out a bunch of stuff.
    Did you do a harness swap or did you try to hybridize everything? Around here there are enough donor cars to do a complete engine/trans + wiring swap.

Comment

Nice pics! I like the multi-spoke wheels much better than the solid chunk of chrome lookin' ones.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky0323 View Post
        im looking for some performance parts for my 94 grand marquis with stock 4.6 .. first things first 1. i want a cold airintake.( i was told that a cold air intake from a 4.6 94 gt mustang would work as long as i change the fuel rods) 2. performance chip ? as far as prices the cheaper the better but i am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.... if any one else has any recommendation. please let me know thank you
        A PI swap with a 2004+ Air Box, Zip Tube (2004 is most direct fit) and Tune fits the bill. The other option if you have no emissions is to do a PI swap with a carb. It is about $800 for the intake and stand alone ignition module. If you want to take the computer control away from the transmission it is about $600 for a stand alone electronic controller or $700 for a full manual valve body.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
          Did you do a harness swap or did you try to hybridize everything? Around here there are enough donor cars to do a complete engine/trans + wiring swap.
          to do a complete OBDII swap requires removing the dash and changing out fuel tanks and some additional stuff we didn't do. We only did the underhood portion. Gadget spliced in a 2001 harness IIRC for the engine stuff to the ECM and tapped some cable in for the OBDII socket under the dash. Crap ton of splice this and that. It still has the AODE in it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X