No announcement yet.

Performance ignition coils whats your favorite and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you swap everything... then no tune will be needed... you do need to have an 02+ trans for it to work without swapping the trans or replacing the ring gear and OSS on your trans.

and by everything... I mean wires too. Not sure the compatibility of harnesses.
    Last edited by sly; 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Now I am just talking head and manifold, not entire engine

Comment

that's the important parts though. so as long as you have an 02 or later trans... it'll work. the bottom end is pretty much the same from 92 on as far as fitment goes.

I found a good thread to double-check yourself with over on modded mustangs http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...d-install.html though it's a copy/paste from stang net.

If you have an 01 or earlier trans, a tune might be needed, though it should run fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

OK cool, so basically other than shift points and such it should be OK, I want to swap out my rear gears any how.

Comment

yeah... then you'll need a tune just to get the trans shifting right... and a handheld tuner might be able to do that for you without any pro help.

Comment

Cool

Comment

Run a 01-04 PCM. 05+ use an electronic throttle body, or throttle by wire and the valve body is tuned for it as well. It runs the 4R75E transmission.
                And you can run any heads from 2001-2011 if you so choose.
                All the mechanical pieces are the same. It's the electrical crap that gets loopy.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

This is getting tricky. So am I better off just using say the top end of a 2001 gm and if I do will a tune be required with that set up, cause I can get heads and intake manifold for approximately 150$

Comment

Or save your money/sanity and enjoy it stock.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I can't stand stock anything, even my 84 accord got modded, as far as sanity that left me long ago

Comment

Well, since the mind is shot anyway, shoot for the moon!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Oh yes, it would get a v10 or a teksid dohc if funds permitted

Comment

Originally posted by wannabep71 View Post
                            This is getting tricky. So am I better off just using say the top end of a 2001 gm and if I do will a tune be required with that set up, cause I can get heads and intake manifold for approximately 150$
                            use the top end off of what you can from 2001 up to 2011... and just use the 01-04 PCM. I'd go for the 04 since I think it has the tach wire IIRC.

Comment

ok, good deal. so my 01 parts will work, i plan to run 92 octane or better only so i am hoping that will prevent predetonation enough that a tune wont be needed, at least right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X