No announcement yet.

Gutting my cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take off the h-pipe, o2's and knock the stuff out. The biggest challenge is the screen thats inside after the catalyst is removed.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Ok I will try to tackle this sometime here soon, thanks.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

also, gut any housecats while your at it, my hood is all scratched up cause of them

Comment

Ok I got a couple of pics to show you guys how extreme this bend is. I cannot fit anything straight in it. The cat you will see is the lower and the pipe that has the bend in it is after the cat.

You guys have any idea what you use to punch the rears? This is like this on both sides of the exhaust (driver and passenger sides).

Comment

*bump Anyone have any Ideas?

Comment

Wait, are you trying to punch them out without taking the whole assembly off of your manifolds, if so than thats impossible. You have to unbolt your exhuast. Thats the only way.

Comment

Ya I am going to unbolt it and run a metal rod of some sort to break it up in there. It will work for the top cats but not the bottom ones cause of the bend.

Comment

so did you do it yet?

Comment

No I need to find out a way to gut the rear ones. I can't fit a rod in there.

Comment

Cant say I follow. If you unbolt them from the manifolds and from the back half of the exhaust you should have no problems.

Comment

The pics are what I'm getting at. It has a pretty extreme bend in the pipe. That part I can't unbolt cause that is the cat pipe. I need something that will snake around that bend.

Comment

Ok, nevermind, I think my exhaust is different from yours. I had a straight shot at my rear cats. Jonny, are 98+ exhaust different than the aeros? If so you might have to do some other work to get it out.

Comment

The exh is the same except at some point they upped the pipe size by 1/4 inch or something, but still same routing.....What if you try a large steel spring on a power drill to make it up there, and spin -ram the shit out of it?

Comment

What if you try a large steel spring on a power drill to make it up there, and spin -ram the shit out of it?
                              Thats HAWT!

Comment

Thats why I was employed, for the outside the box fabrication ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X