Braided Stainless Flex Brake hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided Stainless Flex Brake hoses

Anyone have a lead on some stainless steel flex hoses for 98-02 brakes? I couldn't find any with my search, are they just a custom item, or has anyone used one made for another vehicle?

Thanks!
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Are you looking for stainless lines to the calipers?

Comment

yes sir the flex lines.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

These are what I would have used for my big brake swap on my '05 MGM. Don't know if the caliper hoses are the same for '98 - '02 Panthers?

https://www.tceperformanceproducts.c...auder/kits-17/

Comment

Oh yeah! I considered those. They’re a bit too long. You need lines about 12 inches. I found some that are made for the rear calipers of Toyota forerunners that have a nice angle and length to them that SHOULD work. I’m going to be the guinea pig and find out. They need adapters to the hard lines, but so do the stock big brake hoses. All in they are $66 with the adapters. So worth a shot.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Z23UGQ68&psc=1

Adapters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 07-31-2023, 02:44 PM.
          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I used TCE lines on my Aero, i relocated the mounting tabs as the lines were slightly too long as you have discovered

Comment

I am assembling my own lines with leftover -4 AN ptfe hose. I will have to figure out the mounting tab bit. When I get home, I will get part numbers for the fittings that I am using.

Comment

when you get it all together, if you can post pics that would be awesome!

-Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                  I am assembling my own lines with leftover -4 AN ptfe hose. I will have to figure out the mounting tab bit. When I get home, I will get part numbers for the fittings that I am using.
                  I have made a lot of my own AN lines, but one thing i haven't done (or seen done) before is brake lines. The pressure is just too high for my comfort level. Manufacturers like Russell sell DOT approved brake lines for street vehicles, just order the length needed with the ends you require and adaptors.
                  Just imho.

Comment

Well they seem to have worked. Broke both brake lines broke so I installed new with the matching ends. I still have to test it on the ground with full range of motion, however at full drop and wheel turned it’s fine
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Nice to see that worked, always good to know what options are available.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                      Oh yeah! I considered those. They’re a bit too long. You need lines about 12 inches. I found some that are made for the rear calipers of Toyota forerunners that have a nice angle and length to them that SHOULD work. I’m going to be the guinea pig and find out. They need adapters to the hard lines, but so do the stock big brake hoses. All in they are $66 with the adapters. So worth a shot.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Z23UGQ68&psc=1

Adapters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                      The adapters from The Stop Shop, that's the same company I got my big brake adapters from, but through their eBay store. Don't recall what I paid even though it was only early this year.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Looks nice. Photos make it look close to potentially contacting the wheels. Be careful and check for that when you throw your wheels back on.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X