No announcement yet.

OD Question on 4R70W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be wrong but doesn't appear to be a trany issue. Will inflate the tires a little more. I am sure the "new" formulations of gas is not helping!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Have you checked the MPG the old fashioned way? My Grandfather has had three different 4.6 Panthers and none of them were that bad. As Slymer mentioned 17 all city should be obtainable. His current 04's computer always shows high 17s as did his 98 TC and 93 TC. He is about 70/30 city highway and drives pretty normal (for an older guy).

Heck both my boxes were usually no lower than 14 and I drive pretty hard.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Agreed! Will have to do a manual check but can the car's computer be THAT far off? Let's see what happens......

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

miamibob, hell yeah it CAN be that far off, it's all a matter of input, what data is being fed into your instant/total mpg figurer!
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I do NOT have O2 sensors or EGR and get 20 city, 28 highway.
            I still have 2.73s in the rear.
            any codes??

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

No Check Engine Light. Didn't see if there are any codes without the light (light does work, by the way). I think the rear axle code is U55 so that should tell us the gear ratio.

Comment

Working...
              X