Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98-02 Upper Control Arms. Police vs Civilian. Please tell me why differ part numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing I'd like to point out. I think the 79-91 stamped upper control arms disburse energy and give a better ride than the tubular steel 92-02 control arms. Think about the impact they constantly take. I feel like the load is disbursed better in the older style arms. The only benefit to the 92+ arms is the adjustable ball joint for better alignment range. Other than that, if you could retain the 79-91 upper and still use the 92+ spindle, you'd be better off. It would work given that the 79-91 upper ball joint is able to work with 92+ spindle.
    87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
    Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

Another thing I'd like to point out. I think the 79-91 stamped upper control arms disburse energy and give a better ride than the tubular steel 92-02 control arms. Think about the impact they constantly take. I feel like the load is disbursed better in the older style arms. The only benefit to the 92+ arms is the adjustable ball joint for better alignment range. Other than that, if you could retain the 79-91 upper and still use the 92+ spindle, you'd be better off. It would work given that the 79-91 upper ball joint is able to work with 92+ spindle.
      87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
      Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

What the newer control arms do is allow the caster and camber to be adjusted seperatly. Having the inner piviot parallel with the center line of the car improves handling (race car proven). The old set up camber and castor was adjusted by the upper which would end up with a control arm shaft at an angle to the center line of the vehicle.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
        X