New fuel lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fuel lines

Wasn't sure where the best place to post this question is so hopefully this is the right place. I gotta run new fuel lines for my mod box. 07' lines were running on the pass side. I need mine to run on the driver side. Just looking for some recommendations on what material to use for the line. Steel is the obvious choice. What about braided stainless hose? Good idea, bad idea? Also, are there any tools that would allow me to make the quick connect ends?

Stainless fuel lines would be good but, don't think if it is needed. You only plan to drive the car in nice days, right? Unless you want underside bling, I think those green coated lines will work well.

Now that I think of it, the '07 does not have fancy lines from factory?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

The 07' lines are nice but they run on the pass side and are made for a returnless setup. My motor has fuel rail hook up on the driver side and my system will be return style so it just makes sense to run new lines.

Comment

pull the lines off the box frame?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The green "E-coat" lines are good, easy to work and seem to last longer than the original-standard un-coated steel.

I would not recommend quick DIS-connect brake lines. (just my $0.02)
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            pull the lines off the box frame?
            Not gonna happen as the 5.0 lines are completely different as far as hook ups. Plus one line is on the wrong side. Pulling lines off 96' might be the best choice as far as pulling used lines but I think the frame is different enough that they won't run along the frame properly.

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
            The green "E-coat" lines are good, easy to work and seem to last longer than the original-standard un-coated steel.

I would not recommend quick DIS-connect brake lines. (just my $0.02)
            I hate quick connect lines but have to use them at least on the fuel pump and the fuel rail as that's what those parts use.

Comment

Oh, forgot you are using a different engine. I then say go with the greenish coated lines.

Comment

Are those the hard lines they sell at Crappy Tire? How about some of the flexible tubing that is sold in rolls? I hear that stuff is easier to bend.

Comment

Yea, the greenish stuff comes in like 25ft rolls. It bends/forms nice will not rust from moisture exposure. I seen that stuff on cars that were driven through lots of salt and still, were not rusty.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PVF-Coated-S...item417f24ebba
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

There is another line which is supposed to be an upgrade from the coated lines but I have never used it. Perhaps Scott will mention it?
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        Yea, the greenish stuff comes in like 25ft rolls. It bends/forms nice will not rust from moisture exposure. I seen that stuff on cars that were driven through lots of salt and still, were not rusty.
                        Where is that sold? Crappy Tire?

That's brake line. We are talking fuel line here.

Comment

I would try carquest or napa. They are more likely to sell it in a roll.

Comment

the mark vii used the plastic line. it works, but its something of a pain to work with. It won't take a sharp bend without kinking. you actually get tighter bends out of the steel line. It may be easier to lay in since it doesn't need any bending, but its harder to make it look really neat since it really can't be bent to run neatly along the frame exactly where you want it.

brake line and fuel line are the same thing, just with different juice pushed through it.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just need to find the right size. I have used it for both brakes and fuel. Steel line is steel line.
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
                              X