• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:bump: Still gettin noise out of it?
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
      :bump: Still gettin noise out of it?
      ^^^What he said^^^

Comment

Two 12 second Marauders in here? I think we need to setup a Marauder race, HwyCruiser Vs. MarauderMark.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Still a little clicking, but now I'm thinking its my slotted rotors making the noise. It's so faint that I can't easily diagonse the sound. I'm going to pull my pads and chamfer the leading edge and see if that has any effect.
          Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

Yeah, it was the brakes. My Wilwood pads overhang the rotor by about 3/32" and they wear with an edge on the outside. Just enough for the slots on my rotors to grab hold of an knock them.

I took out the pads, knocked off the edges, adjusted the dog ears a bit and no more noise!

Comment

Originally posted by HwyCruiser
              Yeah, it was the brakes. My Wilwood pads overhang the rotor by about 3/32" and they wear with an edge on the outside. Just enough for the slots on my rotors to grab hold of an knock them.

I took out the pads, knocked off the edges, adjusted the dog ears a bit and no more noise!
              WHEW!!! Is that good new or what..Glad to hear that it was something simple..

Comment

Sweet! So how do you like the TrueTrac, or have you not throurghly tested it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                  Sweet! So how do you like the TrueTrac, or have you not throurghly tested it yet
                  I haven't done any burnouts yet, I'm trying to be a good boy and break everything in good. On brisk accelleration she seems to be doing ok keeping straight. The big test comes in a couple weeks when I see if she can break a 1.7x sec 60 footer!

Comment

More control than I had lol, took me about 48 hours after hitting the pavement to do my first real burnout.

Comment

Have you welded the punkin yet? Just wondering how you will have it done. Is it going to be welded in the car, or do you need to take it out to weld it?

Comment

I've only heard of of them being welded off of the car in a jig. You want to make sure it's straight.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Still debating the welding thing. I know, I know.

Comment

Call around and get some estimates at least. You don't want to break it at the track.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

:50cal: ! I will bulletproof my differential too to make a bunch of mother fuckers import compact's eat dust and little rocks in their faces and the front crap glasses :lol: ! BWAAAAHA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA !

ATT, SNIPER 308.MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
                              MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

I took a look at my 8.8" Ford rearend today. It needs to be inspected be a professional. I want to upgrade to 31-spline axles, weld the axle tubes, put a girdle on it and paint it.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X