2000 Grand Marquis speedometer not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Grand Marquis speedometer not working

I own a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis new speedometer is not working could this be the vehicle speed sensor thank you

it could be... or it could be a loose wire anywhere between the VSS, PCM, and instrument cluster.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If it's not working at all (no movement) the simplest thing it could be is a blown fuse. Although that's only simple if you know why it blew. I accidentally shorted the back of my 91 cluster once and it blew the fuse that protected the speedo circuit.
      I'm not sure what else might be on that fuse. Is anything else not working? The owners manual should tell you what is on each fuse but someone here proabaly knows exactly what fuse to check.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

my personal experience, (2001 mgm) maybe once a month when i start it up, my speedo (mine is the digital one though) doesnt kick in for a few mins, or not atoll. i don't care enough nor do i have the money to go digging around. so my advice is to leave it for a bit and see if it kicks back in.

Comment

Have you got an obd scanner that will do live data? See if vehicle speed is being registered by the pcm.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
          X