Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sea Foam really that good? Has anyone of you used it? I like Lucas injector cleane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Royal Purple Max Clean. Not exactly inexpensive but I could tell a difference in throttle response in my '98.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      Not so much brand related. Anything full synthetic... lol
      Well then screw that, I'll stay Mr Natural and drink Guinness. I'll start this afternoon

On the plus side the synthetic might help one stay, um, regular lol.

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I used SeaFoam on the Tank and it definitely cleaned some shit out.
        Then again, it does have 221,000 oil-starved hard miles on it.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Seafoam for peoplelz! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
            Well then screw that, I'll stay Mr Natural and drink Guinness. I'll start this afternoon

On the plus side the synthetic might help one stay, um, regular lol.

Pete
            Sefoam for peoplez! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I used to run seafoam through the vacuum line in my old jeep Cherokee regularly and my mustang occasionally. It did a nice job in the Cherokee but I didn't really notice anything different with the mustang. I think if I use anything with my GM I'll just run it through the tank.

I've also used Lucas quite a bit as well. I'll buy the big bottle of it and it's far cheaper per treatment that way. Keeps my wife's jeep liberty nice and quiet and getting as good a gas mileage as can be expected from an SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dumped a can of seafoam in the tank of my Lincoln last summer when I had about 3/4 tank of gas. It seemed to clear up the idle and a slight surging at about 30 mph in 3rd gear for about a month before the car went right back to her old ways. I'll be trying it again the summer to see if it clears it up again, at least temporarily.
                Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I dumped a can of SeaFoam in the tank, seems to be running better and better mpg

Motor City Patrick
                  1988 MGM

Comment

I prefer to use Seafoam as an engine flush and to clean out the intake through either the PCV hose or the primary vacuum off the brake booster.

As for in the fuel tank, I prefer the Lucas above all else. Techron is also a great fuel additive.

Regardless, both are excellent products.
                    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Does it make a difference in cleaning out the intake? Primary brake vacuum, is the big hose?

Motor City Patrick
                      1988 MGM

Comment

Yes the big hose

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X