Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra, extra, read all about it! Ford admits whale LCMs are a problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really good. Now if they would take care of the axles....
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

And timing chain tensioners....

I mentioned that stuff to the service guy as well as the intake on my old 97. He wouldn't really talk to me :p

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

The plastic intakes did have an extended warranty on them, although it has expired by now due to time. I think the warranty was extended to 7 years or 100,000 miles.
        Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
        Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
        Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
        Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Wrote to Ford to see if the LCM's on the older GM's would be covered. My '95 one is still working well but "one never knows, does one"!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The intake was NOT covered on my 97 at 7 years and I forget how many miles (around 80k iirc?), but by getting uppity with Ford they 'only' charged me $600 instead of the $1800 quoted At the time they were only covering service panthers and tried to blame me at first.

And of course by the time I heard about the court ordered or settled reimbursement I had missed the ridiculously small window to apply. Ford did wrong on that one.

Pete
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375

Comment

I got a full refund from Ford. Only took 8 days!

Comment

Damn! That was quick!

Apparently, I got one of my letters from Ford. It's for my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. Hmmmmmm. I guess that's what I get for having one of the earlier production Marauders that had the same VIN's as Grand Marquis (The Marauders eventually recieved their own VINs).

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by WestofHollywood View Post
                  I got a full refund from Ford. Only took 8 days!
                  Mine not here yet!

Pete

Comment

I went in to the closest dealer with a printout and such last week, they told me 10 days.

Also, I had been limping it along with the $70 dorman fix but that quit, so I spent $175 ($50 core refunded) April 7th. Put it in myself.

Was a bit worried because I read Ford started the program April 1st... they told me I lucked out--anything bought after April 11th they won't reimburse!

So I should still be getting the full $175, fingers crossed!
                    Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                    X