No announcement yet.

Should i buy??? To good to be true, probably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ford Racing intake is only 30-50 bucks more expensive.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
    1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
    88 CVLX
    01 Marquis

Comment

i'M GOING TO OFFER HIM 21-2200 for it, its a base model, its in great condition (20ft car)
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I'd say 100$ a foot?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

FWIW, I replaced the intake in my GM in my driveway in a Saturday afternoon. I used the Dorman intake, and have no issues. The Ford Racing part that is only a couple bucks more is a PI style intake, and requires additional changes to be made to fit. You have to change the coolant pipe in the valley, and buy and modify the PI intake manifold gaskets to fit the non-PI heads. In the end the extra $20-$30 bucks for the Ford Racing part will cost you close to $100, and adds complexity and aggrivation to the job. I'm told that changing to a PI intake on a non-PI car does have some performance benefits, but for my money, and for the purposes of my daily, the Dorman intake was the way to go.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
          Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

If you're gonna go through the trouble of replacing your NPI intake then just get a PI intake and eliminate the problem for good and get a few extra horses.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
            1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Well, I heard back from the guy. i mentioned to him the issue of the intake, air springs (which are still good), couple dents on passenger side fender, and the pulsating brakes. Offered him 2k. He came back to me with 2200. I don't know still thinking about it.

Tranny seems good, rides good, And I have noticed pulsating/vibrating when I brake

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
                Well, I heard back from the guy. i mentioned to him the issue of the intake, air springs (which are still good), couple dents on passenger side fender, and the pulsating brakes. Offered him 2k. He came back to me with 2200. I don't know still thinking about it.

Tranny seems good, rides good, And I have noticed pulsating/vibrating when I brake
                Warped rotor. No big deal.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

rotors are super easy to change on aero/whales.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so if I could swing it for 2000, think it would be a great daily?? A good deal? Even... a steal?!?!? lol

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
                      so if I could swing it for 2000, think it would be a great daily?? A good deal? Even... a steal?!?!? lol
                      It's a decent deal if it's as clean as you say.

I'd crawl under the car the make sure the passenger frame bulkhead isn't rotted out either.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

It's a clean car, it has its scratches and dents on the pass fender, but apart from that , she is pretty clean. I will look at the underside to verify, I only wish there was a way to verify in person how it doesn't burn oil,

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Dear Panther,

The 89' Shooting Brake's oil use is erratic and always has been. Sometimes I can go five gas stops w/o adding oil sometimes, after three I'm down a quart and a half. Leak? Burn? I check every other gas stop. When in west Texas (80mph speed limit) both oil and gas consumption goes up.

Donald McCaig

Comment

Thats a symptom of a motor thats getting tired. They use oil at higher speeds.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

it has signs that it has been sitting. dirt leaves in the cow, engine (intake), that dirt layer buildup on the edges of the body

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

so it has been a while, the guy called me back asked if i was still interested. Last we left off at, he was asking 2200, he caved and said 2000 for the car, i thought to myself, dang that was too easy.

I would still like to look up a carfax and do one more inspection on her.

I know I would have to change he upper intake and hopefully just shave the rotors.

i know aero's can be picked up cheap anywhere, but for 2000, think i should pull the trigger on this one assuming nothing else else wrong with it?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                                -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X