No announcement yet.

Slight hesitation/shaking when motor is hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I tried the test, sometimes after doing this, the bucking goes away, other times it doesn't. Not really a black and white answer, but...

I don't know.

What other culprits could it be? Vacuum leak? Wires and plugs (even though I changed them last January)???

I really hope it isn't a TC. I have read here that I could flash the PCM, like that was the fix????
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

well if it doesn't go away with your foot on the brake, its not the torque converter. Touching the brake disengages it, so that rules it out as a problem.

I think there is an elbow over at the PCV valve that cracks on these sometimes. Moisture down in the plug wire wells might do it too, or questionable wires. Not sure what you used, but the 4.6 is a bit crabby about having good quality wires.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Be a stretch but it could be the crank sensor and/or a coil. Oh I guess you'd have coil packs, but could be ignition-related by the sound of it. You've done plugs and wires, have to looked at the plugs again recently?

Comment

Ill inspect the PCV elbow and the wires, is there a way to test continuity of the coil packs and the crank sensor?

I heard about the pickiness of the wires, so that is why I bought all motorcraft
          "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
          -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
          -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
          X