Yay, ;-D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, ;-D

Ima keep this short ;-) Welpafter i got off work i went to napa and got my o2 sensor. my socket and a can of PB Blaster ( Thanks tom for telling me about this shi.. Stuff :-> ) So i got back and started on it.. Being afriade of it actualy.

Now then when i stoped the car i went and startted drinching it with the pb blaster. I did it about 4 times. I then went and got a pizza, And when i came back i used my socket and this.

Ok. Which then took this off ;-) , Thats the old one., Hell it was stock. :-/ Eh.. but With the PB blaster and my trusty pipe BAM off she came with little effort.

Now then this is what i used in it's place. It's a Bosh Uni o2 Sensor.

Way i used it( Installed it ) Was by cutting off 2 1/2 inches of wire from the old one. And then striped the wire from the plastic. Ounce done i put the bare wire into the uni Connection :-D Also i put a shrink thing around the new o2 sensor. After i put the new wire in. I crimped it. And put the shrink stuff between the new and old wire.Then used a cig lighter to shrink it. Vala

And lastly Which was the hardest part of the whole ordeal. I screwed the new one in... Now that sucker im not sure if it's at a 90Degre Angel or what but it's not straight down and will piss you off.And also make you think. Umm "Is this the right demn size?" but it will eventualy go on there. Finnaly it looked like this
    So there yea go. I know theres not much on o2 sensor's around and hardley any with pic's so i hope this helps someone.. The only other thing i did with it. Is on my old connection that came with the stock one. I sprayed the shit outof it with wd - 40 ;-)

Humm, Wasent all to short was it.?

O yea, the end result's Theres a few. :-D Well she sounds difrent now.. She sounds like the old cop car's now.. ( To me ) UmmShe has a verry verry good oder to her. And id say a 15% increase in Horse. Ill get back to you on millage.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

good job dude!
    I would have cut that old connector off and just joined the wires together - that connectors looks hoorible!!!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yes Yes it does. But i was scepticale about doing it. Ima try next time to umm.get one that just plug's in hopefully. If not. I will cut it lol I did Tie it off so it's no longer on the manifold anylonger either :-D
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

That connector could be the problem...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

It's not having a prob now Lol. It's a difrent Animale... All the way to the smell. LOL, i was going to get another one of them connectors for two wires if i had no inprovment's to take that connector out. But i got to many. ;-)

O btw I just crunk her up. And She started right up at a nice Idle and stayed there. it's about 60 here And she's been siting for a whille. Now We will see what she does first thing in the morning ;-)

Whille im on the subject, I will go with what you said Mr LTD about bad Plug's i got to thinking and that er. guy Told me he just put new plug's in before he let it sit. Which he did cause the grease was umm., Still showing. when i took them out. But They ran to rich/lean. So im guessing im needing to chang mine agine via Same prob which should be fixed now. I hope lol.

Comment

They might not be that bad. MIght clean up OK now that all the other problems are fixed...but if you have the 12 bucks to replace 'em go for it.

Comment

> Indeed i will Copper cores are better for us then Plat. right?

Comment

Meh, if they are new...I wouldn't bother. My preference is standard copper autolites though.

Comment

Me 2 there cheaper :-D..

Comment

Working...
                  X